jusromaine1

How to remove the black strip on the cvpi crown Vic

Could you post a screenshot of what you mean? Is it the trim? Also if you're using Schaefft's model, then you do realise that it's a 2003

well to take the black trim off you need zmodeler so if you have downloaded a car with that black trim it was most likely someone's early work who doesn't know how to map it to the template.. keep in mind if you want to learn how to do it yourself, you need to be familiar with Detaching.. Polygon Mode.. Basic Material Editing and UV mapping.

o wow yea i dont know too much about it I have dxbugs crown vic listed here

rel_pic_cvpi_jVA.png

Is there any were that mabe a can get help in that area I have zmodeler and I have tryed cuting it out and then like stratch the bumber and filled it in but it just jumps around. Im going to try it again on a diffrent computer just to see if it was the program with bugs

sewing.jpg

Edited by jusromaine1

just select the poly's of the black strip in polygon mode go to submesh and click on detach.. then click on the selected poly's and it will detach then assign it to the paint material and then after that go to surface.. Edit UV.. it will give you a large box go to generate new and select the paint material.. click ok and map it to where the bumpers are and boom black trim is gone

but just wondering is there a way to make it to change color when you change the skin because for surface i have mapping normals paint but in paint i have bones weight color lightness prelit color saturation swap colors.

or is there even a way to delete it to where its smoth no trim there at all becasue what i did just made it were i can change the color

There is, but I'm not sure what texture it is. Basically you have to find a picture where it's all black, and fill it with transparency. It may take some trial and error, so make backups! 

you need to assign it to one of the paint textures (police_sign_1) and then map it to wherever you want to (I usually map mine to where the bumpers ((front trim to front bumper and rear trim to rear bumper)))