jusromaine1

zmodeler with wheels

I have been curently trying to get some wheels that Dxbugs123 realesed for the crownvic with the hub caps but I cant get it to work.

I have tryed placeing them at all 4 spots and puting the files in all for wheel spots but yet my game crashes every time i call up the car. what am i doing wrong

You are doing it completely wrong, there only needs to be one wheel, in the "wheel_lf" dummy, Unless it has different wheels for the back, but other than that no.

well I dont have any called the "dummys" but in the file i have [wheelmesh_lf_l1] [wheelmesh_lf] wheel_lf[COL]   And I have sized it matching the org wheelmesh and when started game it was all over the place had one wheel under in the middle 28 in back right it was a mess ill do it again and put it up so you can see.

Edit: I was wrong should have 2nd guessed you lol it work great thanks.

Edited by jusromaine1

they aren't actually called "dummys" - you need to know the terminology... dummies are the small blue cubes that tell the game where to put stuff. LIke Hilth said, you shouldn't put a actual model in each spot but each spot needs a [COL]. Only wheel_lf needs the model wheelmesh_lf and wheelmesh_L1 and of course the COL. So erase any models you have from the other spots (wheel_lr, _rf and _rr) and make sure the new wheel is the same size as the old steel wheel in each view. Then pull the steel wheel out of the hierarchy or delete it, leaving the new wheel under wheel_lf, export and it should work. 

ok got them working but now im haveing a teture problume that i dont understand they keep showing up shiney and missing a layer were is shows ford and the color.

rims.jpg

You either forgot to add something into the wtd or your materials got messed up for the tire in zmod.