GTA 4 acts up after downloading LCPDFR

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try going to the control panel, and looking for it there. I'll try to find a direct link.

EDIT: Think I got it. When typing in UAC in Windows 8 Start menu, it will search the 'apps' section, it should be an option to switch category somewhere on the right I believe (all this is from memory as I do not have Windows 8 right now). 

Edited by ineseri

Invenio, Investigatio, Imperium

Your a good man ineseri, found it.

Okay I'm going to test it out now.

Edit: Well, it didn't work unfortunately like I was hoping. Maybe another solution?

Alright that is weird. Since you are running the game as administrator and UAC is disabled, we can safely assume that it's not something to do with Windows trying to access restricted files. 

What mods have you installed, or are there any at all? 

No mods have been installed even though LCPDFR is what I'm after. Just what was on the guide has been installed.

This is usually the part where I get really happy because everything works... Strange. All the patches and whatnot has been installed. UAC disabled. And this was a new computer, right? And it's a legal copy, etc? 

• Turn back on UAC
  • Go to your GTA IV root folder > right click on LaunchGTAIV.exe > Properties > Compatibility and set to run in "Windows 7" compatibility mode, also do the same for the GTAIV.exe

• Make sure that your EFLC root folder is (and every subdirectory) not set to "read-only".

• Download this and set to run as "Windows 7" compatibility mode: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/pc/downloadclient

Did as instructed, still not the solution to my problem.

This is getting weird. When right-clicking LaunchGTAIV.exe, there should be tabs in that window, one these tabs should be called compatibility settings. 

EDIT: Try removing DSOUND.dll (found in the installation directory) and reinstall LCPDFR, but choose XLIVE.dll as the asi-loader. 

Edited by ineseri

This is getting weird. When right-clicking LaunchGTAIV.exe, there should be tabs in that window, one these tabs should be called compatibility settings. 

There are no compatibility settings for LaunchGTAIV.exe on Windows 8, I think.

Edited by Matosh

There are no compatibility settings for LaunchGTAIV.exe on Windows 8, I think.

I am fairly certain I had that in Windows 8 pro, but since OP does not have it, it does not really matter... This is a strange crash indeed.