Sign in to follow this  
JSDGraphics

So many templates

So I gotta ask and I'm sure a lot of other graphic designers and people are wondering this too. Why are there so many templates out there for different car models. Better yet why're there so many different models of the same car? I think I have around 3 2011-2013 Charger templates, a few Crown Vic templates and god knows how many other templates I have of the same car. I remember when things used to be simple and there was just, the Crown Vic template, or the Charger template. Why did things get so complicated? I never know which car to make skins for cause I don't know what the majority uses :P

Because the differing templates are used on base models that are slightly different. Modders don't want to release their scratch made or converted work to anyone that isn't a long time contact, and with the community ripe with stealing and glue and paster "modelers", I can't blame them.

I just find it ridiculous to keep up :P I get overwhelmed because I have to end up making 3 different skins for the same car if I want everybody to have my skin on any Charger or CVPI etc... meh I guess I can see why they do it cause of thieves. It's always the assholes that ruin it for everybody.

About the Charger templates, Those are not the same models. There is a Forza, Forza (different bumper) and one from Sims raceway. They cannot use the same template.

About the Charger templates, Those are not the same models. There is a Forza, Forza (different bumper) and one from Sims raceway. They cannot use the same template.

I know they're not the same models. I was saying I have like 3 templates for one car, the 2012 Charger. I'm talking about the car not the mods, I know there are many different models of the Charger. I just find it hard to choose a Charger template to use cause IDK what model everyone uses.

Well here is one more example answering your question.

Currently i am working on a DSF Charger (Topic: ) . After some time i realized that the DSF Charger needed a separate template because the template made by Lt Caine earlier was not a perfect fit  for the charger because of minor differences in curves and cuts on door panels. The main reason being the Lt Caines Charger was from NFS. IDK why there was a minor difference... but i guess thats just the way it is. So i had to make a new template for the DSF Charger.

Similar goes with DSF CVPI.... The template of Schaeffts (conversion to IV by Lt Caine) model was not a perfect fit for the edges and curves of the DSF Model.

So i guess thats one of the main reasons.

Edited by S_a_m_e_e_r

That actually answered my question perfectly, but also raised another one with me... Not to offend any modelers at all but, why are there so many different models of the same car? like there's at least 3 2012 chargers and 3 Crown Vics and I just don't understand why there are so many different models of the same car?

Ok for this question:

It completely depends on the modder. Now if i think that i should make/convert a 2013 Charger of my own than no one can stop me. I will make a new one and release it. Maybe in the near future i may think i should convert a CVPI from NFS Series.. i will go ahead and convert it and release it theres no way to stop it and the overall result will be one more CVPI added to the already long list of CVPIs. So i guess thats the way it is.

As for the multiple CVPIs heres some of the differences i observed:

The one by Schaefft is a HIGH POLY One with 3d interiors and all

The one from DSF is a LOW Poly one with no 3d interiors and according to my observations the DSF CVPI is pretty accurate and the door Panels and body Curves/ Door trim Inclination is more perfect on DSF CVPI.

I dont have any idea about 2013 Chargers because i dont like that model and so i dont use them. I would preferably stick to the old 2006-2010 Era ones.

Edited by S_a_m_e_e_r