Sign in to follow this  
JerseyGuy276

Hi, I need some assistance

Hi there, I recently purchased GTA 4 for my laptop through steam.  I've sucessfully downloaded LCPDFR to the game but I've encountered a bug.  The light bars no longer show up on top of the cars whether the mode is initiated or not.  Is this a bug in my game or is it something caused by the mod?  This is the first time I'm trying modding so I apologize for my noobness.

As sc2142 said, if you have ELS installed then you will need to download some ELS-enabled cars for the light bars to work correctly. LCPDFR does not modify the vehicles or lightbars in any way and would not be the cause of this issue.

I have not installed ELS yet.  I'm about to but I can't find GTA on my laptop for some reason lol.  I installed the game and only ran it for a few secondst to ensure that it worked properly before installing LCPDFR.

Its in your steam folder.

Right click you steam icon on your desktop and do the following;

Open File Location > Steamapps > common > Grand Theft Auto IV

Would installing ELS and some ELS vehicles fix this problem?  Or am I stuck with light-barless cop cars xD

Its in your steam folder.

Right click you steam icon on your desktop and do the following;

Open File Location > Steamapps > common > Grand Theft Auto IV

Thank you so much by the way!

Edited by JerseyGuy276

Would installing ELS and some ELS vehicles fix this problem?  Or am I stuck with light-barless cop cars xD

Thank you so much by the way!

Honestly, since you only have LCPDFR I have no idea why lightbars are disappearing. I'd have a go at installing ELS and some enabled cars, the lightbars should work on those.

Honestly, since you only have LCPDFR I have no idea why lightbars are disappearing. I'd have a go at installing ELS and some enabled cars, the lightbars should work on those.

I'll give it a shot.  Thanks for all the help folks.

Same issue here.  It's sporadic though, and only on non-els cars in my police and police2 slots.  I've never been able to figure it out either.  I too run the Stream version of EFLC.  Has nothing to do with ELS or ELS vehicles.

I installed the strobes mod so when the lightbar does not spawn, the AI cars still have the headlight and taillight strobes/flashers.

DrDetroit

Edited by drdetroit