DubyaStep

General LCPD:FR questions plus some others

Ok, after about a week of playing around with different mods im ready to settle in, here are a few questions :

1) How the hell do i put on my seatbelt with the seatbelt mod? did i miss something?

2)What is a good (normal) car pack that wont stress my system? i have tried this one but i cant get the installer to work

3) i would love to find a good complete police car pack. I want it to have CVPI's or Taurus's and Dodges at the very least but i would like for it to include real DHS liverys. i have the Tampa/FHP pack now but i hate the K-9 cars (i love the lights on them though)

4) since i just downloaded the game i havnt (and wont) play through the main story, is there another way to use the other safehouses?

5)I noticed that when i hit the runway at the airport when im "on duty" it crashes the game because of the conflict, is there a fix? i enjoy just driving around there sometimes so i head that way and forget, lo.

6) last one (for now), i dont have a headset at the moment but after looking trhough the Groups i may get one. I would enjoy playing online with others. Any suggestions for good ones? Anyone willing to start a new one maybe?

Thanks for whatever advice/info you guys are willing to pass along. I enjoy this mod alot!

1)  Never used, it.  When in doubt, read the read-me files included.

2)  That car pack is huge.  Remember, the more high poly cars you use, the more likely they are to cause issues with textures and crashing.  I have a few civillian cars modded up, but not the ones that spawn all the time.  I just modded up my higher end cars, like the Porsche, BMW and Austin Martin as they do not spawn very often and hence do not cause issue.  I have most of the bikes modded up real nice with no issues.

3)  Look through the download sections here and at gtapolicemods.com or gta4-mods.com.  I like NickieBs stuff, Nutt, CJ24 and many others here.

4)  You need to get a 100% complete save game.  You can find one at the above mentioned sites.

5)  I've never had this problem, I have read that some do.  Has something to do with the arrest system when on the runway or in the "restricted area".  It will keep spawning cop cars becuase you are actively wanted, but LCPDFR will keep resetting that status, and if you have a bunch of high-poly cars, it may crash your game.  Best fix, don't go there.  Same with the UN building in Algonquin.

6)  Not sure.  I don't do MP.

Good luck!

DrDetroit

Edited by drdetroit

If you mean the Seatbelt included in the Trainer, it prevents you from flying out of your car when you crash into something. I don't think it is actually there.

1)  Never used, it.  When in doubt, read the read-me files included.

2)  That car pack is huge.  Remember, the more high poly cars you use, the more likely they are to cause issues with textures and crashing.  I have a few civillian cars modded up, but not the ones that spawn all the time.  I just modded up my higher end cars, like the Porsche, BMW and Austin Martin as they do not spawn very often and hence do not cause issue.  I have most of the bikes modded up real nice with no issues.

3)  Look through the download sections here and at gtapolicemods.com or gta4-mods.com.  I like NickieBs stuff, Nutt, CJ24 and many others here.

4)  You need to get a 100% complete save game.  You can find one at the above mentioned sites.

5)  I've never had this problem, I have read that some do.  Has something to do with the arrest system when on the runway or in the "restricted area".  It will keep spawning cop cars becuase you are actively wanted, but LCPDFR will keep resetting that status, and if you have a bunch of high-poly cars, it may crash your game.  Best fix, don't go there.  Same with the UN building in Algonquin.

6)  Not sure.  I don't do MP.

Good luck!

DrDetroit

1) i read the readme files, nothing is there.

2)the INSTALLER doesnt work. I managed to pull the other files out (seatbelt, deadly crashes, ect) but thw vehicle file wont come out. Is there a better pack than this one? That was my question.

3)i HAVE looked through the downloads section, thats why i have a peiced together pack like i have now. im asking for a good solid complete pack

If you mean the Seatbelt included in the Trainer, it prevents you from flying out of your car when you crash into something. I don't think it is actually there.

Yes, im not looking for the actualy seatbelt in the car, im lookong for the control to activate it. once you get into the car you have to put it on. How do i do that?