DesignedtoLive

Multiple Whelen Talon Help

Hello everyone, I am trying to make a CHP Tahoe and I have placed two Whelen Talons on the front grill along with a light bar on top. However, when I load the model in-game, both the talons are permanently on and does not flash however the light bar does. I have tried to fix it by attaching the two talons to make it into one entity however that has failed too, anyone know how to have two different talons working at the same time?

I am also using ELS

Thanks 

Edited by DesignedtoLive

A paragraph isn't gonna help us help you. Could you send a screenshot of your hierarchy in zmodeler, make sure you've expanded all the talon stuff so we can see

Alright, I will work on that as soon as I get back from work. One more thing, on my lightbars there are permanent white lights where white lights are located; this also happens on the headlights of the car. However the odd thing is that these do not emit light, just the texture being there it seems. Anyone know a fix? 

Alright, here are the pictures. I have no idea if the order of the hierarchy actually is important. 

Zmodeler:

2ic5wnb.png

Here is the Lightbar and Talons expanded:

2nq4mqa.jpg

Here is what it looks like in-game, also pay attention the the lightbar and how the white lights are permanently on, have no idea how do get rid of it so some help would be great:

73l9n5.jpg

Another:

al1ycx.jpg

Another Angle:

2hhqicw.jpg

I hope these pictures help :) Again thank you for the assistance! 

This is going to be a very dumb answer, but it's worth a shot: do you have your wig-wag pattern set as something like 02? If I recall correctly that one makes the wig-wags constantly on. Otherwise, you might have the extras from the talon in the extras of your takedowns, if you know what I mean. 

He means in your els settings, pull up the els menu and try adjusting the pattern. There is one pattern in particular that is an "all on" setting instead of a flashing pattern

You can't name the ELS extra_1_a_L0, ELS can't recognize that as the extra so it makes it a steady burn. All the extras should look like this (dummy)extra_1>extra_1_L0 and then extra_2_L0, 3_L0,etc. you can't have the a and b in there. Plus you need to attach all the lights you want to flash as extra_1 together and everything together that you want at extra_2 and so on. The only lights that get setup differently are 5,6,and 9. they get setup with a extra dummy and a minor change in the name. it goes (dummy)extra_5>(dummy)extra5>extra5_L0 and the same for 6 and 9. You don't type dummy in there I'm just putting that there so you know that its not a actual mesh, just a dummy. Plus your lightbar is setup way to far forward IMO, you should move it back and remove the luggage rack. Look at pictures of police tahoe's from the side and you'll see where the bars are placed.

There are other problems with your hierarchy setup besides just the ELS setup like all those extra_a,b,c,d,e,etc... what is that? also "hooves" and "derpy" should all be renamed or attached together depending on what they are. Usually Bugs would name it however it was like "glass" or whatever but thats not the case for this bar. 

Edited by NickieB

Thank you for your response!

I renamed them because extra_1_L0 is also found in the light bar, thought they would have conflicts between each other because of the same name. I renamed the extra_a,b,c because i had errors before because of duplicate names with the chasis. 

What should i rename the extra_a,b,c?

Plus you need to attach all the lights you want to flash as extra_1 together and everything together that you want at extra_2 and so on. The only lights that get setup differently are 5,6,and 9. they get setup with a extra dummy and a minor change in the name. it goes (dummy)extra_5>(dummy)extra5>extra5_L0 and the same for 6 and 9. 

So basically only extra_1 and extra_2 can have flashing lights?

Hooves and Derpy came with BxBugs' lightbar, how should I attach these together? put it together with a dummy? rename it to Lightbar?

Edited by DesignedtoLive

I renamed them because extra_1_L0 is also found in the light bar, thought they would have conflicts between each other because of the same name.

You need to attach them. Attach all the extra_1_L0's. Then attach all the extra_2_L0's and so on.

Oh! So it doesnt matter what part they are from, just attach them using the attach tool? So i can attach a extra_1_L0 from the Talon to a extra_1_L0 from the lightbar?

exactly, thats what I was trying to say before. do that for each extra, 1,2,3,etc attach them together respectively. I don't know what hooves and derpy correspond to, are they the lightbar modules/feet are they the glass or what? glass usually stays separate from everything but mostly all the other modules can be attached together unless its on a door mirror or a part that moves then it need to be attached to that respective part so it moves with it

Derpy and hooves are part of the lightbar. I think derpy is glass, however it seems just to blue and red color. So should i attach the two talons together and leave the lightbar completely unattached? 

Hmm. seeing that I cannot get it fixed no matter what, would any modding guros out there like to add me on Steam so I can get more help? 

Steam: DesignedtoLive

It would be greatly appreciated, I have been pulling my hair out all day...