Sign in to follow this  
Sonny236

[URGENT] - LaunchGTAIV.exe freezing when logging in.

This is a sudden thing...It worked fine the past 3 days. I changed my password and entered it correctly but regardless it shouldn't do this.

I hit "Login" with the correct stuff, It says "Authenticating user" then the whole launcher stops responding for about 5 seconds, Unfreezes and says failed to login.

I am launching it as admin and its been working how it was for the past 2 days it just suddenly started doing this today. I did update my game to 1.0.7.0 (Before this happened), I do have some scripts but I can't even enter the game now.

Any suggestions? Why is it freezing, and more importantly why is this suddenly happening.

I can play offline (Probably) but then I don't have my save(s) so I have to do the intro shit all over again/Drive to the apartment. 

LaunchGTAIV.exe freezes, then says "SecuROM is not responding" and unfreezes with failed to login.

Edited by Sonny236

The R*GSC Server has been down the whole day. It's not only you.

And when you play offline you do have your saves.

Rockstar Games Social Club is currently down.

The freezing is caused by the program trying to connect to the server, which fails. I would assume it would then retry, and once again fail, causing the longer 'freezes'.