Sign in to follow this  
Deems12

Can't play Free Mode when LCPDFR is activated!

Hi forum,

i have a problem. I installed LCPDFR 0.95 with the installer. Everything fine, no problems!

I played it for 2 days, no bugs everything went fine!

Then my friend bought GTA IV (We both did it trough Steam) and we created a Free Mode match.

He invited me trough Games for Windows Live and whenever i tried to join it says "This match does not allow Mods"

I don't get it?! Why can't i play a private match with my friend, and have a mod installed?

I removed the files from my GTA IV folder to play online but i still got the error. Then i uninstalled it and found i still got some old LCPDFR files. I think it is all fine now, but does this mean i can't play multiplayer>Free Roam with LCPDFR activated?

Many other people got the "This Match does not allow Mods" but not specified with this mod.

Please help! I love this mod, but i also want to have fun with my friends!

Regards,

Deems

It shouldn't do that. I play online all the time as do hundreds of other people. What are you using for a ASI loader? DSOUND or Xliveless? Do you have FR active(are you on duty) when your trying to join? Although I don't see why that should matter

It shouldn't do that. I play online all the time as do hundreds of other people. What are you using for a ASI loader? DSOUND or Xliveless? Do you have FR active(are you on duty) when your trying to join? Although I don't see why that should matter

I might be the dumb one right nowXD

I don't know what you mean by ASI loading, so i think i am not using that or something...

I use xLiveless indeed, and i don't think i am on Duty when i go into multiplayer.

I can join other games fine, but it happend when i tried to join a game with my friend.

Damnit, xLiveless is so fucked up. I am sure nobody uses that shit.

I don't know what you mean by ASI loading, so i think i am not using that or something...

I use xLiveless indeed, and i don't think i am on Duty when i go into multiplayer.

I can join other games fine, but it happend when i tried to join a game with my friend.

There's your problem, xliveless doesn't allow you to play multiplayer. In order to do so you have to use dsound

He has no mods installed on his end, he needs to install lcpdfr or some other mod in order for you to play with him.

If your using ELS, you have  ASI loader. Its either DSOUND or Xliveless. you need to use dsound in order to play online, you can't use xliveless. 

If your using ELS, you have  ASI loader. Its either DSOUND or Xliveless. you need to use dsound in order to play online, you can't use xliveless. 

What is ELS? Kinda dumb with this, hehe.

So what you are saying is that i need to download ASI loader, install LCPDFR and something called DSOUND?

And also uninstall xLiveless?

What is ELS? Kinda dumb with this, hehe.

So what you are saying is that i need to download ASI loader, install LCPDFR and something called DSOUND?

And also uninstall xLiveless?

It's a mod that makes emergency lights much more realistic at the cost of a few glitches ('?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>).

Yes, install the asiloader (scripthook), LCPDFR and Dsound. Remove xLiveless.

It's a mod that makes emergency lights much more realistic at the cost of a few glitches ('?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>).

Yes, install the asiloader (scripthook), LCPDFR and Dsound. Remove xLiveless.

With xLiveless we all mean Games for Windows Live?

Don't wanna uninstall that doesn't needs to be uninstalled, haha.

By the way, thanks man! All of youXD I had so many questions and i thought it would take days to get some help!

You guys helped me almost instantly, i wanna be in this community too. I am gonna download a lot more from this site!

Thanks!

With xLiveless we all mean Games for Windows Live?

Don't wanna uninstall that doesn't needs to be uninstalled, haha.

Just delete the xLiveless files, xLiveless literally blocks access to Games for Windows Live.

Dsound does the same thing that xLiveless does, but it doesn't block access to GFWL; meaning you can play online if you use Dsound. 

Just delete the xLiveless files, xLiveless literally blocks access to Games for Windows Live.

Dsound does the same thing that xLiveless does, but it doesn't block access to GFWL; meaning you can play online if you use Dsound. 

Where are the xLiveless files located?

Where are the xLiveless files located?

They should be in your main Grand Theft Auto IV directory (Program FilesRockstar GamesGrand Theft Auto IV).

They should be in your main Grand Theft Auto IV directory (Program FilesRockstar GamesGrand Theft Auto IV).

How are the files called? Just xlive or something?

How are the files called? Just xlive or something?

I think the files are called xLive and xLiveless, but basically just delete anything with xLive in it.

I think the files are called xLive and xLiveless, but basically just delete anything with xLive in it.

I don't have any xLive files so i think that is fine.

Gonna install it now, reply if it worked.