rstuedes

GTA Commandline

I've managed to use a commandline on my computer with Intel HD graphics before. I had to factory reset and lost all my downloads, etc. Went to do everything the same and the commandline isn't working this time around. 

Well, I would say that it's not completely working - when I restrict things like the screen size or view distance it works - but the nomemrestrict and norestrictions are not working at all. 

My 'resources available' say 202/59 MB, but I know in the past I've gotten it to work just fine. I tried the commandline text file in the GTA directory, and I've tried the Launch GTA shortcut and adding the restrictions to it but have had no luck.

(My copy is off steam, btw) If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it tons.  

Try this commandline:

-norestrictions

-nomemrestrict 
-percentvidmem 100
-memrestrict 681574400
-memrestrict 629145600
-availablevidmem 2
-noprecache
-novblank

Tried it and nothing. I really dont understand why I did the exact thing before on my laptop and it worked perfectly fine but its not working now, lol.

Try this commandline:

-norestrictions

-nomemrestrict 
-percentvidmem 100
-memrestrict 681574400
-memrestrict 629145600
-availablevidmem 2
-noprecache
-novblank

I'm not a big fan of command lines, as they usually make the game run worse, but surprisingly, this one actually works well for my machine.  I pushed my texture detail to HIGH, from medium, and the game actually runs noticeably smoother at the higher settings.

Thanks for posting.

DrDetroit

Edited by drdetroit

I'm not a big fan of command lines, as they usually make the game run worse, but surprisingly, this one actually works well for my machine.  I pushed my texture detail to HIGH, from medium, and the game actually runs noticeably smoother at the higher settings.

Thanks for posting.

DrDetroit

Yea no problem. I always had a problem where the game didn't let me put the graphics up. So one day I was looking for a good Real Traffic mod and I downloaded one and it came with this commandine, I put it in my game and it let me put the graphics up. I became so freaken happy that day lol.

FINALLY I MET SOMEONE WHO HAS INTEL HD GRAPHICS!! :sleep:

:sleep:  :sleep: :sleep:  :sleep:  

People call me crazy for it, but with some changes and the command line - GTA runs quite well on intel graphics. Just trying to get it to work on here till I manage to get my new PC built. :(

Try this commandline:

-norestrictions

-nomemrestrict 
-percentvidmem 100
-memrestrict 681574400
-memrestrict 629145600
-availablevidmem 2
-noprecache
-novblank

when you use the commandline you make the .txt and then enter the command lines above you insert how they are and it should be like this im going to use mine one of the best ones.

- renderquality 0

- shadowdensity 0

- texturequality 0

-viewdistance 0

- detailquality 0

- novblank

- norestrictions

- width 320

- height 240

- safemode

- windowed

- availablevidmem 2

- percentvidmem 100

- minspecaudio

- novsync

- renderquality 0

- frameLimit 0

- nomemrestrict

Tried it and nothing. I really dont understand why I did the exact thing before on my laptop and it worked perfectly fine but its not working now, lol.

Jesus, you can run GTA IV on Intel HD? I've got it too, but I've also got a discrete, much more powerful graphics card that I play on. When I run it on Intel HD gfx, I'd get like 12 FPS. Yet running it on my other GPU gives my like 30. Dunno how you guys manage to play!

Jesus, you can run GTA IV on Intel HD? I've got it too, but I've also got a discrete, much more powerful graphics card that I play on. When I run it on Intel HD gfx, I'd get like 12 FPS. Yet running it on my other GPU gives my like 30. Dunno how you guys manage to play!

LOL NOW ITS A habit to us my friend..!