Sign in to follow this  
CriticalFaction

Skinspiration - Where's Yours From??

Skinspiration - My term for Skin-Inspiration :)

Anyways, I seem to have hit a dead end with making fictional textures.  The problem I have is the lack on inspiration for designs to use... Where do you guys all get inspiration for your fictional textures??

Thanks!

CriticalFaction  :thumbsup:

Research the purpose for reflective markings, black and white, the history of police patternes etc. then look at a few departments (if you don't know which, just hit Google Earth and zoom in on any town you like, then find the police station there and use street view to look at the cars - it's a very fun way of finding new police departments).

Then you will be able to come up with new ideas, but good looking and realistic ones, that even real police departments might have thought about...

Good luck.

I haven´t made many skins yet, but wether I´m trying to make my own version of a real PD, like sKuare suggested, or, but thats just my way of doing it, I make up a shape I like. I usually like shapes the most which have a curvy smove form. This whole stripes thing seems to be to mainstream for me. Check this, thats like kind of shape I prefer, cause they are a bit exotic, you know ? : '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>  after doing so I try to find a way putting this shape onto the cars. I serch for fixpoints to attach the signifitant parts of the shape. 

Policecarwebsite, several security companies, cars from other nations, own designs.

Policecarwebsite, several security companies, cars from other nations, own designs.

This. I make CVPI skins, but for my LC skinpack I decided to go "out of the box" a bit, and include designs based on cars from two European countries. Can't say which countries at this point... :wink: