nick_g44

Playing GTA4 Online or Offline?

Ok, so I've heard differing things about what is best and thought the experts would know so here I am asking...

When you play GTA4 you are given the option at the start of playing online of offline.

I always play in offline mode however, I have heard that playing online can make mods more stable and provide a better gameplay.

What do you guys think??

NicX.

I usually play offline unless I'm playing just to do multiplayer. I think it's more habit from before I made a social club account than anything else though.

It depends.  Multiplayer can have many different plays instead of single player becuase of the stupid people you can meet.

If you are asking if LCPDFR is more stable online?  That is a huge no.  It's even more unstable than it already is.

As far as I know, selecting Play Offline when starting the game makes no difference in how stable the game is.

However, playing multiplayer decreases stability.

As long as we're on the topic of online play maybe some here can help me. I posted this in the support area over a week ago and got no replies.

My game for some reason will not link up and allow me to get online to play. I've linked the game with windows and xbox live but still says I'm not connected. Any ideas what to check or look for??

I play online always because if I play single player all I see is taxies and I don't want to put on TrafficLoad because it crashes alot in multiplayer so i'd rather play multiplayer.

This is a point, if you can play multiplayer without using any traffic load application surely this will drain the PC less allowing more resources to be directed at the game itself...?