Senatov

How are people doing this?

How do people on YouTube make videos of them playing LCPDFR that are sometimes an hour long and in HD? When I use FRAPS, the file is already like 2GB after 2 minutes. 

What is the secret?

Thanks

Edited by Senatov

For my last video, which ironically was an hour long, I used Bandicam; http://www.bandicam.com/uk/

The free version allows high-quality recordings of up to 10 minutes after which you can just hit the record button again. File sizes are much lower than fraps, rarely going past 1.5GB

After I upload, I usually delete the .wmv files...its risky but I have had no problems so far  :thumbsup:

Edited by RobertB

For my last video, which ironically was an hour long, I used Bandicam; http://www.bandicam.com/uk/

The free version allows high-quality recordings of up to 10 minutes after which you can just hit the record button again. File sizes are much lower than fraps, rarely going past 1.5GB

Thanks, I'll check that out. The other thing I dislike about FRAPS is the files are in this weird WMV format that's rather glitchy.

After I upload, I usually delete the .wmv files...its risky but I have had no problems so far  :thumbsup:

That's a good idea but it takes a long time to upload such videos.

Thanks, I'll check that out. The other thing I dislike about FRAPS is the files are in this weird WMV format that's rather glitchy.

That's a good idea but it takes a long time to upload such videos.

That's why I upload when I'm sleeping  :thumbsup:

msi afterburner is good for recording...its free and you can record for however long you want...i dont like bandicam very much its hard to know when its recording and its not entirely free

msi afterburner is good for recording...its free and you can record for however long you want...i dont like bandicam very much its hard to know when its recording and its not entirely free

By default the FPS counter overlay turns red when recording, just like fraps.

And when your 10 minutes is up, it'll make a small "ding" sound. All you have to do is hit the record button again

my last recording (i dont promote or link them) was over 120gb before compression.

remember fraps et al take raw video. you will need an industrial computer to record, play and compress all the same time without delay