ant802

Any way of editing camera angle?

I`ve downloaded a few modded custom vehicles, one of them in particular on the views I've noticed are quite close to the ground meaning you can't really see in head of you. The camera angle is too low to the ground and needs to be a little higher enabling to see the road in front like on normal vehicles. Is this possible please?

This is something I also would be very interested in knowing.  A couple of my absolute favorite vehicle models have crappy camera angles also.  I hope someone knows a solution!!!

It's only possible by moving the whole car down in zmodeler except for the chassis dummy. Impossible without getting the unlocked .wft. So not really possible, since only the author can do it.

I'm pretty sure your talking about the vehicle.dat or vehicle.ide file in your GTAIV>COMMON>DATA folder. Try putting a vehicle.ide in for that particular type of vehicle.

It's only possible by moving the whole car down in zmodeler except for the chassis dummy. Impossible without getting the unlocked .wft. So not really possible, since only the author can do it.

Thanks Sgt. K! I had a feeling this was something that was alterable only by the vehicle author.  That really BLOWS!

Thanks Sgt. K! I had a feeling this was something that was alterable only by the vehicle author. That really BLOWS!

In actual fact the camera angle can be edited. One of my friends did it before but I don't know how he did it. I will ask him though and tell you what I get.

He must have done it in zmodeler, by moving down the whole car with all it's components and dummies, except for the .wft dummy and the chassis dummy. That's the only way to edit the camera.

He must have done it in zmodeler, by moving down the whole car with all it's components and dummies, except for the .wft dummy and the chassis dummy. That's the only way to edit the camera.

Apparently he didnt... He edited something in the files of GTA IV it self(He doesn't do any cars).... He told me that it can be done... though he hasnt told me how to do it... He is a pretty busy man... so I have gotta wait as well because I also wanna edit the angles to fit my clan's cars....

By editing vehoff.csv you can only edit the hood cam or the cinematic cameras. You can't modify anything else there.