Sign in to follow this  
Andrew.

Map mods?

I need a good map mod, one that has a country feel and has traffic. Clockwork mountain is out, anyone got any suggestions?

I need a good map mod, one that has a country feel and has traffic. Clockwork mountain is out, anyone got any suggestions?

The new one coming out tomorrow, Countryside V,

I would recommend Ghost Peak Mountain, but there is no traffic... 

I might just gotta wait until tomorrow to install it then! I already installed my sheriff mods for it and im looking forward to making some patrol videos on it

Red Dead Desert Reloaded. It has both country and desert, and can have traffic from videos I've seen. A couple of small villages dot the landscape. The roads, however, are 95% dirt.

EDIT-just looked at Countryside V....that destroys RDDRL by miles.

Edited by KM964

countryside is the buggiest map he ever released.

sorry but it has epic issues esp with addons that use spawning of objects. the list is huge i wont waste my time listing, play it and find out for yourself.

also you need eflc to show it correctly.

the desert maps suffer from terrible traffic speed (8mph or something stupid) since they are only 2 lanes and that confuses the game terribly.

clockwork mountain is the best in terms of completion, detail and integration within gta and other mods.  HOWEVER, the turns are too tight causing traffic to jam, esp when the buses go there.. (you could possibly remove the bus model with something smaller). but its by far my favourite addon map.. it has however some frame rate issues in certain spots. not for all (it ran fine for me) but some people get single digits. weird.

as usual with all addon maps you need traffic density LOW. under 10, usually 6-8. else you traffic overload

Edited by sgtdonuts

countryside is the buggiest map he ever released.

sorry but it has epic issues esp with addons that use spawning of objects. the list is huge i wont waste my time listing, play it and find out for yourself.

also you need eflc to show it correctly.

the desert maps suffer from terrible traffic speed (8mph or something stupid) since they are only 2 lanes and that confuses the game terribly.

clockwork mountain is the best in terms of completion, detail and integration within gta and other mods.  HOWEVER, the turns are too tight causing traffic to jam, esp when the buses go there.. (you could possibly remove the bus model with something smaller). but its by far my favourite addon map.. it has however some frame rate issues in certain spots. not for all (it ran fine for me) but some people get single digits. weird.

as usual with all addon maps you need traffic density LOW. under 10, usually 6-8. else you traffic overload

I'm running Countryside V at a vehicle density of 40, and I have no problems, I would lag a lot with Clockwork, but with Countryside I never lag. 

I'm running Countryside V at a vehicle density of 40, and I have no problems, I would lag a lot with Clockwork, but with Countryside I never lag. 

I lag like crazy with countryside and get a steady 60 with clockwork :/

Do you have trafficload? Because at even 20 addon maps become a standstill of car wrecks. 40 i haven't even tried since that will crash me out in 1 second im sure.

8 works best for me on countryside.

clockwork 3-5.

countryside lags when looking at the city, pretty much the same angle the stock game lags on teh broker dukes up on the overpass (you know that section). but other than it's quite good for the size. i'll give him that.. but then i'll take it away for releasing it with all known issues. when i talked to him he was very dismissive since he knew all of them and didn't care. his aim now is to get ratings on gta4mods and subs on youtube for $. if he stated it isn't gta4 compatible (it is made for eflc only!) half the people wouldn't even look at it. anyway still like his work but wish he handled this whole thing differently. like make 2 versions. 1 without invisible trees and spawning issues for base game and 1 for the eflc crowd.

Edited by sgtdonuts

I lag like crazy with countryside and get a steady 60 with clockwork :/

Do you have trafficload? Because at even 20 addon maps become a standstill of car wrecks. 40 i haven't even tried since that will crash me out in 1 second im sure.

8 works best for me on countryside.

clockwork 3-5.

countryside lags when looking at the city, pretty much the same angle the stock game lags on teh broker dukes up on the overpass (you know that section). but other than it's quite good for the size. i'll give him that.. but then i'll take it away for releasing it with all known issues. when i talked to him he was very dismissive since he knew all of them and didn't care. his aim now is to get ratings on gta4mods and subs on youtube for $. if he stated it isn't gta4 compatible (it is made for eflc only!) half the people wouldn't even look at it. anyway still like his work but wish he handled this whole thing differently. like make 2 versions. 1 without invisible trees and spawning issues for base game and 1 for the eflc crowd.

I don't use any type of traffic loads or fixes, and I am even running an ENB. StillDre has the best maps, and I am using IV and not EFLC... I have no problems.

well i have to because i get taxi bug.. ENB has no effect on traffic density................

I have problems, huge ones and its the only map that causes them.. so i # it out of the config. too bad. maybe once its out of beta :)

Edited by sgtdonuts

well i have to because i get taxi bug.. ENB has no effect on traffic density................

The ENB doesn't effect traffic, but it effects FPS and Graphics, I could barely run Clockwork without an ENB, don't even ask about it when I had a ENB in. I can use Countryside with and without a ENB with little to no problems at all.

Edited by Joey.

odd. i ran clockwork today and it was faster than the regular map.

replaced bus and stretch models and had no traffic jams at turns since they can take the curves. also was clocking ai at 50mph... scary on that map.