Sign in to follow this  
admissivecomic

help

HELP! I CANT PLAY GTA IV ON MULTIPLAYER. WHEN I TRY TO, I GET DISCONNECTED BECAUSE MY CP IS RUNNING TO SLOW! i just wanna play with my clan..

PLEASE STOP YELLING! MY EAR DRUMS ARE BURSTING RIGHT NOW!

Anyways,

To your question,

Try using the lowest amount of scripts your clan allows. It is better to be in game doing traffic, than not doing anything at all.

Also, before going ingame, shut down any useless processes for gaming.

Remember to run on lower settings too.

Try a commandline. This works for me, and it may work for you.

-percentvidmem 100 
-minspecaudio 
-novsync 
-renderquality 0 
-frameLimit 0 
-nomemrestrict
-noprecache
-width 640
-height 480
-percentvidmem 100
-nomemrestrict
-availablevidmem 
-framelimit 0
-novblank
-safemode
-renderquality 0 
-shadowdensity 0 
-texturequality 0 
-viewdistance 0 
-detailquality 0 
-novblank 
-norestrictions 
-safemode 
-percentvidmem 100 
-minspecaudio 
-novsync 
-renderquality 0 
-frameLimit 0 
-nomemrestrict
-renderquality 0 
-shadowdensity 0 
-texturequality 0 
-viewdistance 0 
-detailquality 0 
-novblank 
-norestrictions 
-safemode 
-availablevidmem 4.5 
-percentvidmem 100 
-minspecaudio 
-novsync 
-renderquality 0 
-frameLimit 0 
-nomemrestrict

Going on what NB is saying. Your computer might not be good enough. I had this exact problem. I had to update my video card.

What are your computer specifications?

Um how do i find that? sorry i dont know alot about cp specs or were to find it

PLEASE STOP YELLING! MY EAR DRUMS ARE BURSTING RIGHT NOW!

Anyways,

To your question,

Try using the lowest amount of scripts your clan allows. It is better to be in game doing traffic, than not doing anything at all.

Also, before going ingame, shut down any useless processes for gaming.

Remember to run on lower settings too.

Try a commandline. This works for me, and it may work for you.

-percentvidmem 100 
-minspecaudio 
-novsync 
-renderquality 0 
-frameLimit 0 
-nomemrestrict
-noprecache
-width 640
-height 480
-percentvidmem 100
-nomemrestrict
-availablevidmem 
-framelimit 0
-novblank
-safemode
-renderquality 0 
-shadowdensity 0 
-texturequality 0 
-viewdistance 0 
-detailquality 0 
-novblank 
-norestrictions 
-safemode 
-percentvidmem 100 
-minspecaudio 
-novsync 
-renderquality 0 
-frameLimit 0 
-nomemrestrict
-renderquality 0 
-shadowdensity 0 
-texturequality 0 
-viewdistance 0 
-detailquality 0 
-novblank 
-norestrictions 
-safemode 
-availablevidmem 4.5 
-percentvidmem 100 
-minspecaudio 
-novsync 
-renderquality 0 
-frameLimit 0 
-nomemrestrict

it works after a few minutes then lags abit then works again. do you know how to make it work right away insted of waiting for a few minutes

You should be able to find the specifications from the place you purchased it, is it a desktop or laptop computer?

Either way you can try and look for your model on the manufacturers website and link it to us in this thread.

You should be able to find the specifications from the place you purchased it, is it a desktop or laptop computer?

Either way you can try and look for your model on the manufacturers website and link it to us in this thread.

laptop. also my cp model is not available anymore on the manufacturers website.

You could also do what I do on both my desktop and laptop, I know for windows 7 there is a setting in the control panel that allows you to set how your processors run and lets you adjust the computer for either best graphics or best performance, or anywhere in between. But I have my laptop set at best possible performance, and it runs pretty well, not at 60 fps, but pretty well. You could try that.

You could also do what I do on both my desktop and laptop, I know for windows 7 there is a setting in the control panel that allows you to set how your processors run and lets you adjust the computer for either best graphics or best performance, or anywhere in between. But I have my laptop set at best possible performance, and it runs pretty well, not at 60 fps, but pretty well. You could try that.

Where can i find it?

What's the make and model of the laptop?

Dell XPS M1530

I'm just going to give it to you straight. Your computer isn't good enough. You need some better specs to play GTA alone without mods. :confused:

how would you know my cp isnt good enough? i never told my specs

You gave the name of your computer.......

and... maybe the specs could be good. dont just assume a cp is not good enough by just the name of it...

and... maybe the specs could be good. dont just assume a cp is not good enough by just the name of it...

I guess your not understanding. You can type the name into Google and find the computer specs......

Dell XPS laptops aren't really suited for gaming. And to set the CPU to bes performance, go to Control Panel>System and Security>System>Advanced System Settings>Advanced>Performance>Settings then select Adjust for best performance

also all laptops are mass produced, there is no customization in them. If they tell you that the computer is no good, then trust us, it's no good. Laptops are not really made for gaming, they are business people computers sacrificing power for mobility. The only thing you can customize on a laptop is RAM and HDD, sometimes you can get lucky and upgrade the CPU.

Desktops are a million times better, and cheaper in the long run as you don't have to replace the whole thing, just upgrade what you need to upgrade.

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/xpsm1530/en/om/specs.htm just in case you still don't believe us, max mem is 4GB, GTA IV running mods your going to need more than this. Also the Max DDR3 memory that ur gfx card can have is only 256MB, and thats just covering the minimum. Adding in mods, it's going to want more.

So really your computer can handle GTA IV on LOW settings, I would not expect much out of it, so that is why you can not get online. They have FPS requirements that you need to keep in order to stay connected in MP

What are your computer specifications?

Going on what NB is saying. Your computer might not be good enough. I had this exact problem. I had to update my video card.

Get a new pc.simple :)

I'm just going to give it to you straight. Your computer isn't good enough. You need some better specs to play GTA alone without mods. :confused:

You gave the name of your computer.......

also all laptops are mass produced, there is no customization in them. If they tell you that the computer is no good, then trust us, it's no good. Laptops are not really made for gaming, they are business people computers sacrificing power for mobility. The only thing you can customize on a laptop is RAM and HDD, sometimes you can get lucky and upgrade the CPU.

Desktops are a million times better, and cheaper in the long run as you don't have to replace the whole thing, just upgrade what you need to upgrade.

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/xpsm1530/en/om/specs.htm just in case you still don't believe us, max mem is 4GB, GTA IV running mods your going to need more than this. Also the Max DDR3 memory that ur gfx card can have is only 256MB, and thats just covering the minimum. Adding in mods, it's going to want more.

So really your computer can handle GTA IV on LOW settings, I would not expect much out of it, so that is why you can not get online. They have FPS requirements that you need to keep in order to stay connected in MP

Thanks for trying guys. it ended up that it was the clan's car pack that was causing the lag other then that it works great,

I had the same problem, But I was running on max high graphics. I set them all to low and now I play just fine.. :)