Sign in to follow this  
Compeast

Reworking the Ford LTD Crown Victoria

It appears that the Ford LTD Crown Victoria, one of my very first mods ever made, is my most downloaded mod.

As for it's one of my first it has bugs/could be better. There for I am gonna remake most of them. Improve them. Fix bugs. Maybe additions for more realism. You will see.

We start with the very most downloaded: The Ford LTD Crown Victoria Yellow Cab.

Link to old one:

http://www.gta4-mods.com/vehicles/1983-liberty-city-cab-ford-ltd-crown-victoria-f14430

What's goin' on:

Started with new liveries. I have also been fixing the dirt.

dD89d.jpg

Editing the taxi signs. Making them actual chrome and trying to give them more realism. [Yes, they're very wip.]

d8Lte.jpg

Just a preview.

4U6S7.jpg

Feel free to post suggestions/request and I'll take a look at 'em!

On an additional note: I've joined Accurate Studio so this mod will be release under the AC Branch.

Edited by Compeast

Can the sign on the roof maybe show the medallion # in stead of TAXI? Ex: (3C11) Glad to see you back btw!

Edited by nypd98

Thank you! And while I was varieting the modding, I've set a new record on converting vehicles:

*This is where I should place a picture but the damn site won't let me... Check the attached file below everyone!

((Too bad about the texture crash on the windows. Damn you, ZModeler!)

Anyways, this can be expected as well soon enough. :)

You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.

Why can't I upload images from www.imgur.com or tinypic anymore? What's wrong wit .png?

Edited by Compeast

Concerning the taxi, I must say that the wheels/hubcaps always bothered me - the stretched CVPI wheel cover looks odd when this LTD requires a full on dog-dish.

----------------------

That GM New Look bus looks amazing though!; can't wait for the obligatory Speed reenactment.

speed_1994_ws_r1-front-www.getcovers.net

Edited by FCV96

If you can find me a better wheel I'll look into it!

I know that Ceril modeled a dog-dish wheel cap for the 1988-1989 LTD Crown Victoria he's been working on; that would look fantastic here as well.  Even a standard-sized current CVPI hubcap wouldn't look all that bad;

32249920001_large.jpg

I know that Ceril modeled a dog-dish wheel cap for the 1988-1989 LTD Crown Victoria he's been working on; that would look fantastic here as well.  Even a standard-sized current CVPI hubcap wouldn't look all that bad;

32249920001_large.jpg

I don't know if it's the correct hubcab, please do some research! :)

And a beautiful shot.

Remember to remove the "chromed" stripe that goes on the side of the car, under the doors. Most of the LTDs doesn't have it, and in addition skins would look better without it.

By other hand, for the taxi version of the car, I'd recommend to rework the glass that divides the driver side with the passengers; ingame it looks like if your nose was stick to the glass (and a very dark glass)...

Good luck with it  :thumbsup:

If you need the hubcap i modeled, just let me know!

I could also model you a correct dog dish version if you could give me good shots of it.

After finding a few shots, it seems as if this generation LTD's dog dishes are much simpler than the 1988-1989.  They appear to just be a flat, design-less, cylindrical add-on. [see photos in the spoiler tag, courtesy of a very lucky user over at a crownvic.net]

21916.jpg

21915.jpg

Also, concerning the taillights of your current model; the lights below them should be the reverse lights.  They are currently the turn signals.  The turn signals were incorporated into the tail light so the entire light would flash.  See the second photo's taillights/reverse light.

Edited by FCV96

After finding a few shots, it seems as if this generation LTD's dog dishes are much simpler than the 1988-1989.  They appear to just be a flat, design-less, cylindrical add-on. [see photos in the spoiler tag, courtesy of a very lucky user over at a crownvic.net]

21916.jpg

21915.jpg

Also, concerning the taillights of your current model; the lights below them should be the reverse lights.  They are currently the turn signals.  The turn signals were incorporated into the tail light so the entire light would flash.  See the second photo's taillights/reverse light.

There is a slight arch to those dishes, but that shouldn't be a problem at all. I'll get to work on them in the next hour or two.

Yes, i fixed the tail light and turn signals on my car the other day :]

I actually had them set to be both the turn signal and the reversinglight, but the turn signal was in front of the reversinglights, so you couldn't see them.

Yes, i fixed the tail light and turn signals on my car the other day :]

I actually had them set to be both the turn signal and the reversinglight, but the turn signal was in front of the reversinglights, so you couldn't see them.

That's really good news!; I noticed from that collision test that you had the signals in the wrong arrangement, though I figured it was a placeholder.  Glad that you've fixed it though - now if only that bouncy-ELS problem could be sorted out, though it is absolutely entertaining mind you.

That's really good news!; I noticed from that collision test that you had the signals in the wrong arrangement, though I figured it was a placeholder.  Glad that you've fixed it though - now if only that bouncy-ELS problem could be sorted out, though it is absolutely entertaining mind you.

I fixed the bouncy ELS last night ;D

Looking at a release of tonight or tomorrow.

Anyways, i didn't mean to jack the thread lol.

21916.jpg

21915.jpg

Yeah, from what I've seen, most of the taxi & police LTDs used hubcaps similar to which the car of the pictures you've posted uses.

Btw, what the heck is this LTD doing with Chevy hubcaps? xD 

http://imcdb.org/i030855.jpg

Also, Compeast, looking forward to see the template of the GMC bus!

I fixed the bouncy ELS last night ;D

Looking at a release of tonight or tomorrow.

Anyways, i didn't mean to jack the thread lol.

c29.jpg

Words cannot describe my happiness at the moment. 

----

Back to the thread, those hubcaps are certainly interesting! :3 - Good point on that one, Strike; guess they had a few surplus Caprice hubcaps around and thought they couldn't go to waste! :D

Edited by FCV96

Here's the hubcap:

Yes i realize i spelt screenshot wrong when i saved it in the file.

screenshotue.png

http://www.mediafire.com/?2bramy6zkyhg28m

If you want, i just found out how to make circles with more edges, so i can always remake the hubcap with sharper circles if you're not too fond of this one in game. (should be okay because it's pretty small in game, so it probably won't be that noticeable)

Also, it'll have to be scaled down and rotated to face the proper direction. i set up the materials quickly, so you'll have to change them around to be correct. they should be:

Mesh(tire)

Texture

Dirt

Bumpmap

Specular

i just did texture, bumpmap, specular, and the auto sphere environment.

I also didn't set up any of the user defined options. Let me know if you need to know how to set those

Edited by Ceril

Yeah, from what I've seen, most of the taxi & police LTDs used hubcaps similar to which the car of the pictures you've posted uses.

Btw, what the heck is this LTD doing with Chevy hubcaps? xD 

http://imcdb.org/i030855.jpg

Also, Compeast, looking forward to see the template of the GMC bus!

Unfortunately, I am not too happy to say this, making a template might not happen. The textures that are currently on it add the realism, and add air filters and such. By templating the model it would suddenly look less realistic and this would be missing.

There for I shall release this bus as Santa Monica and Liberty City for ya'll. Sorry.

Oh, and for the hubcab, I've seen so damn many wheels in this threat passing by, I don't know what wheel is actually has by default.

I need these wheels:

http://gomotors.net/pics/Ford/ford-ltd-crown-victoria-03.jpg   <----

Anyone has it/can provide it?

Edited by Compeast