Sign in to follow this  
Amosite

Most WTF Moments

Hey guys, i'm new here, I started playing LCPDFR, literally yesterday. And, I have got to say, the best thing, I have wasted time on. Ever.

This is just a small thread just to get to know some of you guys, and to spread your "WHAT THE FUUU-" or "Well, fuck." moments.

There was this time when I asked somebody to get out, they started driving off, I get in my car, press J for my flashy lights, I am at high speed, I forgot to turn on my sirens, I press F instead of G (I play in the dark, like a boss) I jump out by accident, my character jumps across the road and his face meets with the front bumper of a taxi. Ouch.

Please, share your moments with us.

I am hoping to see a few replies, and a few funny stories.

- Amosite

Well, when I first started, I piddled around stopping people, on many occasions, I would check ID, and as I was talking to him, whether to let him go, cite, or arrest, as you can guess, I repeadetly get my cruiser rammed into, usually leading to my death, since then I have become more self-concius on where I park!

Pulled over suspect vehicle, walked to the drivers side window and suspect pulls out a automatic weapon. Unloads a full magazine into my body before i could even say license and registration!

@Amosite: Welcome to the "family" of GTA modders here at LCPD:FR!  Just a quick tip regarding your post above...Keep the language "family friendly" :)  in other words, no "F" word. 

First time Poster :)

Proceeded a random Pullover of some erratic driver which was next to a Gas Station. The drivers car was in the middle of street which, in turn, created a traffic build up. After finishing my DATA search on the computer, the guy tried to drive off but failed and I proceeded to drag the person out of the car, affecting an arrest. 

Just as I called for a Tow Truck (to pick up the persons car which was halting traffic),  a fire engine come around the corner with sirens on. As the tow truck was trying to get around the clumped up cars, it collided with the Fire Truck and evidently caused a collision with the gas tanks - preso! BOOM, the whole place just erupted.

Biggest WTF moment I've come across and honestly the most ironic of circumstances considering the firetruck was in the right place at right time for the wrong reasons hahaha

Edited by IruAU

In those times I had my Vehicle density set to 51. I was pulling a car over on the highway and the traffic behind me had to slow down and change lanes. Speeding AI from behind rammed into the accelerating traffic and the impact was pretty hard, so the car started to smoke. More traffic rammed and it was set on fire. I ordered everybody to get the hell outta their vehicles and requested an immediate fire engine response. Me and my partner ran to the footover bridge away from the traffic. Since AI on foot are also retarded, they got stuck into the traffic and never got out of there. I got no firetrucks on scene and that was when the nightmare started- HEC (Highway Explosion Chain). I stood there for about 15 minutes (real world time) seeing the chain demolishing everything in its way with no end to this massacre visible. At last I stole a car and got back to the police station to get a new patrol car since that was the only way to get back to normal life and stop the game from eating up all my FPS due to those explosions. 

I had countless WTF moments with the AI of IV..... They either ram into the gas pump and cause an explosion, or the cause a huge MVA that led to a chain reaction of explosions on the road.... Further more, I had AIs who wanted to start a pursuit but some how they get in the car to drive off but don't.... They sit there and stare into space.... I even had AIs who out of no where starts firing at me with weapons.... In some case when I was it hot pursuit of a suspect, running code 3, some vehicles just don't move aside... When they don't move aside, it's not gonna be easy going through traffic.... I ever crashed into a taxi because he felt no importance of giving way to a cop running code 3. I got ejected and some how or rather, a random taxi came out of no where and rammed me as I just landed on the road.... I immediately died of course..... More WTF moments include the EMS responding code 3 to your location kills people instead of saving lives.... I had an ambulance which I requested kill my partner and other cops, after a shoot out, and the ambulance driver didn't stop and crashed straight in to a pole and both medics died on the spot.... I just love the AI......

In those times I had my Vehicle density set to 51. I was pulling a car over on the highway and the traffic behind me had to slow down and change lanes. Speeding AI from behind rammed into the accelerating traffic and the impact was pretty hard, so the car started to smoke. More traffic rammed and it was set on fire. I ordered everybody to get the hell outta their vehicles and requested an immediate fire engine response. Me and my partner ran to the footover bridge away from the traffic. Since AI on foot are also retarded, they got stuck into the traffic and never got out of there. I got no firetrucks on scene and that was when the nightmare started- HEC (Highway Explosion Chain). I stood there for about 15 minutes (real world time) seeing the chain demolishing everything in its way with no end to this massacre visible. At last I stole a car and got back to the police station to get a new patrol car since that was the only way to get back to normal life and stop the game from eating up all my FPS due to those explosions. 

What do you recommend for Vehicle Density?

I have had many many WTF moments but the funniest was when I was playing in a LCPDFR online clan match with my pals and one of them spawned a boat because he didnt disable keys. Caused the greatest lag fest imaginable and like a 3 minute black screen crash!

Everyone spazzed. It was hilarious

Started to chase an Escalade in my Suburban a while back (Notice that I had Simple Fuel Mod on...) so I chased it for a while and completely forgot about the fuel, well then I noticed the gas meter when there was only fuel for about 2meters left lol So my car stopped and the suspect got away..... And I had to walk to the nearest station to get a new police car :P

What do you recommend for Vehicle Density?

Some people who are in civilian modding, like to keep it all the way to 100. But they don't use police cars and ELS like us, so its not a big deal for them. We're in the police modding community and hence we need to save our processing power and VRAMs so ideally, 28 is a okay density for us. At least for me. Anywhere between 28-30 and traffic is normally dense and gives enough space to dodge vehicles in a case of Code 3 runs. Plus we do have Tow trucks, Medical examiners and Paramedics rushing/responding so its recommended to have 28-30 vehicle density because y'know...its a nice blend of AI pedestrians and drivers. Civilian community doesn't care, but we officers need to assure the safety of the civilians ;)

I was pulling over a suspect on Clockwork Mountain map mod, it was raining and evenining, I get in my police cruiser to type the suspects name up and next thing you know BOOM about 5 freaking cars and 1 bus came down that hill to fast and slid into me making me go all the way to the botton into the water xD.. A tip : Never pull someone at the end of a hill when it's raining :/

Edited by Hugh/Jaylen729

First post :P

I had in incident similar to  #3, except I got to the stage where I asked the man to step out the vehicle. I pulled my gun out to nick him, and before I knew it, some pedestrian pulled out a semi auto and just pumped it into me...

Some people who are in civilian modding, like to keep it all the way to 100. But they don't use police cars and ELS like us, so its not a big deal for them. We're in the police modding community and hence we need to save our processing power and VRAMs so ideally, 28 is a okay density for us. At least for me. Anywhere between 28-30 and traffic is normally dense and gives enough space to dodge vehicles in a case of Code 3 runs. Plus we do have Tow trucks, Medical examiners and Paramedics rushing/responding so its recommended to have 28-30 vehicle density because y'know...its a nice blend of AI pedestrians and drivers. Civilian community doesn't care, but we officers need to assure the safety of the civilians ;)

Humph, I run with my density at 100. I just find it fun to weave in and out of traffic while responding to a shoot-out at Hove Beach ^.^

I've had several WTF moments myself, most of them resulting from me playing on hardcore mode. Once I was in a shoot out with a few other officers, and I suddenly got shot from behind me. Wouldn't you know it, my own partner just shot me. If you've ever played hardcore mode, you'll know that if you get shot the rag doll physics kick in. Well, this time my character decided to fall flat on his face... right into the path of an oncoming police cruiser.

Let's just say I felt a little light headed... 

So I was trying to pull over a Declasse taxi for speeding and he just kept going. Well he was all set up to do an epic launch onto the beach and went off a cliff and into a tree. Still ALIVE he began to run and I tazed him and then he rolled off the rock and died. One other instance was when I called a firetruck to a flaming car and it sprayed me into the fire and killed me. Thank god for the FDLC eh?

iv had manny one was when i was chassing a car and he went off a cliff so i get out of my car and get hit by a crown vic -___- the another time was when i just ended a chase and was about to get into my car when a enforce SLAMS into it going abou 70 or 80 and then i proceed to get him by a car and anoher wtf moment is when i had gotton out my car whille chassing a bus and i proceed to get my car rammed into by a tax