Sign in to follow this  
malaru

First time poster....

OK, not really first time- I did give some input about making an incident form a bit back...

but Ive really enjoyed this site and most of the guys who submit stuff to here do an AWSOME job.

I was just going to share a picture of what I had put together... I dont claim credit for anything on it at all- the car, the lightbar, everything is honestly a bit of a mash from this site and I dont know right off hand who to credit for it- 

but I wanted to start playing around with skins of my own.. and watched a quick tutorial and downloaded paint.net (and gimp- I wanted to try them both out- I like paint.net more) and I was thinking of a tactical skin to use- and I didnt really see anything camo on here ( a couple traditional green and 50/50 california black/whites ect); so I went and found a metro/city style camo layout and tried it on- and used dull labeling for the word police so that nothing stands out- the idea is to blend a bit of course and not just show off.

this is all done in about an hours worth of learning and experimenting.. and I only did it for one vehicle Ill move this idea further and add more detail and words in the future.. this is just a first timer seeing if he figured out how to put a skin on right. 

I usually the police "paint" their cars to make the more visible, a camouflage livery kinda works against that idea. 

To talk about quality, it looks alright, pretty good for a first job.

Livery is very cool for some army vehicles but for police hell no. As Break said, police tend to make their cars as visible as possible.

Livery is very cool for some army vehicles but for police hell no. As Break said, police tend to make their cars as visible as possible.

True.... but not true ;)

ghost%20challenger.jpg

Edited by VB3179

Hey i saw a car just like that on my way home from work, but it was davie police

sweet right? lol

Malaru, if you want to make a camo skin.. make it like that.. thats how the police do camouflage.

True.... but not true ;)

ghost%20challenger.jpg

I was referring to normal patrol car not the stealth unit or slicktop or undercover one.

I usually the police "paint" their cars to make the more visible, a camouflage livery kinda works against that idea. 

To talk about quality, it looks alright, pretty good for a first job.

Not in the US. We don't do any of that neon green/blue crap. =p

I was referring to normal patrol car not the stealth unit or slicktop or undercover one.

I live in Broward County and that is actually a vehicle used for normal road patrol functions, have seen it many times.

baby buffalo, where in broward do you live... coral springs and Davie have these stealth cars and the are awesome

Search up some cars or police departments to get some inspiration. Then you can create a car with many different features from multiple police departments. But for a first time skin, it's cool. :D

US cars are still made to be visible and easily identifiable; we just don't do a giant checkerboard. For example, black and whites are obviously police cars. I suppose you might see army camo on military police cars, as a thematic element (it is pretty bad for actual camouflage on lit roads).

Fun fact: The Florida Highway Patrol livery was apparently originally designed to blend in with the road (hence black) and the terrain (hence tan).

Come on, modding is where you can exploit your imagination and creativity, you could do even a teletubbies  paintjob, other thing is if anyone is gonna use or like it... :P