Sign in to follow this  
OfficerMacMillan

Realistic NYPD/LCPD

Hello,

I live in NYC, and I have found some pretty realistic NYPD vehicles, but i usually end up editing most, to bring the skins up-to-date.  However, the fast paced ELS lightbars that people have been putting out kind of hurt my brain.  They just are not realistic to me, as I live right next to the 112th NYPD precinct, and see those lightbars everyday.  

Now im not trying to be so picky, and im not even sure this is possible;  to have the two white rotatory "halogens" as I call them on ELS-H or something, and then have the rest of the lightbar red LED's like this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC4Z0a0O8Ww

Can you let me know if this is possible? Or if you have an idea as to how I or others can make this happen? 

-Also, on a side note, how do people live with ELS not being so bright?  Is the whole point of Emergency Lighting Systems on police cars not to be bright?  

Thanks,

OfficerMacMillan

I dont believe its possible. 

And for your light brightness, you can edit it in your visualsettings.dat and I believe your els,ini file 

I feel exactly like you with the London Met Police cars, there are alot of specific details missing. I had to create a pack and make skins just to make them playable for me. The same goes for when I play as NYPD.

AFIAK you can have slower lightbar patterns by changing them (some stay on for longer etc).

IIRC you can define how long you want the flash to last in the ELS.ini. Use a custom visualsettings.dat for making the lights brigter (or do it yourself and edit the line "car.defaultlight.emissive.on" - different ENBs have different threshold values).

In the ELS.ini file, there is a setting for flashspeed_sp that can be changed. For the halogen lights, the only possible option I know of is to have two non-els white lights there instead of the takedowns, but this would remove the option for a takedown light setup.

true. IF there would be a ELS V7, I hope they integrate that. so you can have different patterns for different lighting modules

Doubt there will ever be another version of ELS., since Lt. Caine has left the modding scene. I sure wish there was a new one too.

I feel exactly like you with the London Met Police cars, there are alot of specific details missing. I had to create a pack and make skins just to make them playable for me. The same goes for when I play as NYPD.

Most of those models you used in your Met pack were made by E_James who normally neglects important detailing and so forth because he uses parts taken from other people. I'm going to be building and converting some decent London police vehicles with all the detailing that comes with them in 2013, that is if all goes well.

Lt.Caine is coming back for V though.

You can't guarantee that for sure though, better just to say you hope he comes back.