Sign in to follow this  
cp702

Texture which doesn't suit setting

When I try to export from Zmodeler, I get a ton of errors along the lines of "using texture foo which doesn't suit the setting for shader bar". Anyone know what causes them and how to fix them?

That means your materials aren't setup the right way. They need to be in this order:

Your basic texture (UV#1 Mod)

Your dirt texture (UV#2 M/A)

Your nrm texture (UV#1 DontProduct3)

Your spec texture (UV#1 Spec M/A)

Uncheck the nrm afterwards. All of the materials must be setup like that.

Uncheck the nrm afterwards. All of the materials must be setup like that.

Not completely true. That's the setup for mesh materials and is also possible or at least similar for vehglass or lightsemissive.

Different material shaders need different setup, compare with default vehicles for correct setttings.

Also, if there are a lot of materials with the same name, is that a problem?

Not completely true. That's the setup for mesh materials and is also possible or at least similar for vehglass or lightsemissive.

Different material shaders need different setup, compare with default vehicles for correct setttings.

Agreed.

Also, if there are a lot of materials with the same name, is that a problem?

Yes. Certainly.

Yes. Certainly.

Actually not, as you maybe even require different settings (dirtmap, specmap etc.). Although, you could try to get the vehicle use only one of them, as unused materials won't be exported.

Actually not, as you maybe even require different settings (dirtmap, specmap etc.). Although, you could try to get the vehicle use only one of them, as unused materials won't be exported.

I believe he asked about materials not textures?

I believe he asked about materials not textures?

Yes, he did. But a material contains different textures. The material name is the name of the first texture and the shader. If you have for example two generic materials with different specmaps, the first texture will stay the same and only the last would change. But they have the same name.

Yes, he did. But a material contains different textures. The material name is the name of the first texture and the shader. If you have for example two generic materials with different specmaps, the first texture will stay the same and only the last would change. But they have the same name.

I'm catching your drift. However, I don't think zmod will allow exporting it that way.I might be wrong tho.

I'm catching your drift. However, I don't think zmod will allow exporting it that way.I might be wrong tho.

It does. It is even possible to export with wrong material setups, but this will give warnings.

It does. It is even possible to export with wrong material setups, but this will give warnings.

Just like the ones in OPs post.

Just like the ones in OPs post.

Exactly. In the most cases, the model works without visible problems anyway. Although it's recomment to try fixing them.

Edited by Cj24