JrJet

The Companion App

First let me say this may not interest many people because of the fact the companion app isn't very useful if you do not have multiple monitors in my opinion, but that can change. 

Nevertheless I think the Companion App has great potential. It's a very cool feature that is fun to use and adds another layer of realism. This is just a few of my ideas for how I think that it could be improved:

1. It should be given it's own tab between "LSPDFR 0.4" and "LML". I think this would make more people aware of it's existence and make it seem more like an attraction than an afterthought.
  2. It would be nice if it was combined with the character tracker that can be found  on your profile page. I think that the two items really fit together and it would be nice to see them on display instead of hidden away like how they feel they are currently.
  3. Add markers for jail points and police stations around the map. (I think hospital markers would be cool too but obviously not necessary)
  4. Either make the map bigger while not in fullscreen or while in fullscreen add the ability to use options such as "Code 3 Backup".
  5. (If possible) Add the ability to view details of a call and accept a call within the app and make it possible for plugin developers to add their own details of calls. (More than just what it says in the bottom left of the screen when you get a callout in game. Something more like "The caller stated there is a man in a blue shirt walking around waving a pistol at people".)
  6. (If possible) Integrate the app with the police computer in game. 
  7. (If possible) Add a waypoint of the current callout that is being responded too. Or make they tear-drop that marks the player flash red/blue.

I think that these kind of things are added it can make their be more of an incentive to use the companion app. I also think that if these kind of things are added the companion app could be used as a sort of police computer that could be used with the Steam Overlay so even if you only have a single monitor you could enjoy the luxuries of the app. 

Let me know what you guys think. Do you think you'd use it? Do you think it could add more immersion into the game? Feel free to add what kind of things you think could also be implemented.

And I would love to hear from Cyan (Website developer/maintainer , please correct me if I'm wrong). How much of this is possible?   

Edited by JrJet

Just your friendly neighborhood police jet 😄

Need more help? Check out our support Discord for more 1 on 1 help:

Disclaimer - The Unofficial LSPDFR Support Discord are in no way affiliated with G17 Media.

Unofficial LSPDFR Support Discord 

19 hours ago, JrJet said:
  1. It should be given it's own tab between "LSPDFR 0.4" and "LML". I think this would make more people aware of it's existence and make it seem more like an attraction than an afterthought.
  2. It would be nice if it was combined with the character tracker that can be found  on your profile page. I think that the two items really fit together and it would be nice to see them on display instead of hidden away like how they feel they are currently.
  3. Add markers for jail points and police stations around the map. (I think hospital markers would be cool too but obviously not necessary)
  4. Either make the map bigger while not in fullscreen or while in fullscreen add the ability to use options such as "Code 3 Backup".
  5. (If possible) Add the ability to view details of a call and accept a call within the app and make it possible for plugin developers to add their own details of calls. (More than just what it says in the bottom left of the screen when you get a callout in game. Something more like "The caller stated there is a man in a blue shirt walking around waving a pistol at people".)
  6. (If possible) Integrate the app with the police computer in game. 
  7. (If possible) Add a waypoint of the current callout that is being responded too. Or make they tear-drop that marks the player flash red/blue.

I also think that if these kind of things are added the companion app could be used as a sort of police computer that could be used with the Steam Overlay so even if you only have a single monitor you could enjoy the luxuries of the app. 

Thanks for the suggestions and good to hear that you are enjoying the companion app. We definitely want to improve on it and make it more useful. Most of these things seem doable and I'll see what we can do. Only 6. is confusing me a bit, do you mean that whenever you are in a police car and use the computer you would like to be able to access the companion app as if it was a website in the game? @Cyan might also have some further comments regarding the map suggestions.

Please do not PM me unless really necessary (knowing you helps). If you think you need my attention in a topic, tag me.

2 hours ago, LMS said:

Thanks for the suggestions and good to hear that you are enjoying the companion app. We definitely want to improve on it and make it more useful. Most of these things seem doable and I'll see what we can do. Only 6. is confusing me a bit, do you mean that whenever you are in a police car and use the computer you would like to be able to access the companion app as if it was a website in the game? @Cyan might also have some further comments regarding the map suggestions.

Yeah so to clarify #6 I think it'd be cool if you could use the app to search ped's names and license plates. It would be nice cause maybe you could have the searched info stay there until you close it per say. 

Disclaimer - The Unofficial LSPDFR Support Discord are in no way affiliated with G17 Media.

On 1/20/2020 at 10:15 PM, JrJet said:

Yeah so to clarify #6 I think it'd be cool if you could use the app to search ped's names and license plates. It would be nice cause maybe you could have the searched info stay there until you close it per say. 

So you mean you have the phone on screen (if you want) at all times and it displays the current screen so you can see the info you just pulled up?

Please do not PM me unless really necessary (knowing you helps). If you think you need my attention in a topic, tag me.

1 hour ago, LMS said:

So you mean you have the phone on screen (if you want) at all times and it displays the current screen so you can see the info you just pulled up?

I mean more like being able to use the app, on lcpdfr.com, to have the same functionality as the in game police computer. But when you search for someones info it doesn't disappear until you close it out. 

Just to comment, I have seen your post and your suggestions. I have a reply half formulated but it relies on me being at my PC to cross-check with and I'm out of the country atm. I'll get back to this one soon.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

1 hour ago, Cyan said:

Just to comment, I have seen your post and your suggestions. I have a reply half formulated but it relies on me being at my PC to cross-check with and I'm out of the country atm. I'll get back to this one soon.

Awesome! Can't wait to see what you have to say!