About This File
Dashcam V is a RageHook plugin that simulates emergency vehicle dashcams used in real life.
Note: An unfortunate downside to the method of centering the camera is that you cannot freely rotate it. In terms of immersion, however, it makes sense because most dashcams do not rotate. In light of this, the dashcam no longer replaces the first person vehicle view, so you can use it whenever you desire.
- Grayscale filter: looks like the department's on a tight budget
- Two layouts: a regular dashcam layout and a remake of Sniper296's IVDashCam layout
- Remote view: view your vehicle's dashcam while on foot by pressing Ctrl + E or the Left Thumbstick + Left Shoulder
- Dynamic unit numbers
- Configurable settings: use the .ini file to adjust the following...
- Unit number/name
- Department name/colour/logo
- Date format
- Layout style
- Remote view controls (both gamepad and keyboard)
- Grayscale filter
1. Download & install the latest RagePluginHook from http://ragepluginhook.net/Downloads.aspx if you haven't already.
2. Pick a folder. If you like the vanilla agencies, pick lore-friendly. Otherwise, pick real agencies.
3. Drag & drop "DashcamV.dll" and "DashcamV.ini" into the Plugins folder of your GTA V directory.
4. Using OpenIV, place the logos.ytd in update\update.rpf\x64\textures\script_txds.rpf (use your mods folder if you have it).
Find and open the file "startup.rphs". Once you open the file, start a new line and put the following...
This will make the modification automatically load when you start the game. If you do not want the modification to automatically load, launch the game and press F4. Once you see a panel, put in what you see above.
- When entering a vehicle that you left on dashcam view, your view will reset
What's New in Version 2.2.0
- Fixed crashing on RPH 0.39
- Fixed plugin not being cleaned up on unload
- Added support for all police vehicles in RDE 2.2.1 and the RDE LSPDFR add-on
Remote view toggle defaults have been changed
- Keyboard: Ctrl + E
- Gamepad: Left Thumbstick + Left Shoulder
- FOV is no longer dynamic (i.e. speeding with the dashcam won't change the cam's FOV)
- Added command ReloadDashcamConfig
- State acronym shown on regular layout disclaimer is now configurable
- Remote view toggle modifiers for both gamepads and keyboards are now configurable
- Dashcam FOV is now configurable