This plugin is obsolete; you should download PoliceSearch instead.
Ped Search allows you to go up to a ped and press the search key (default: 'G' / 'DPadLeft') to frisk them for any illegal items. It works pretty much exactly as Vehicle Search does, and the ini file is set up in the same way.
Installation and Usage
You need the Rage Plugin Hook for this to work. The newest version has been tested with Rage Plugin Hook version 0.34.862.6641 ONLY and may not work with older versions.
When you have that installed, drop both the .dll and the .ini into your Plugins folder. Once you're in-game, press F4 to bring up the Rage Hook console, and type 'LoadPlugin PedSearch.dll' (without the apostrophes). After that, simply press the search key (default 'G' / 'LeftDPad') when near a pedestrian to frisk them.
In the included .ini file, you can edit things such as the button/key mapping, what items you can find, and the odds of finding an item. For more advanced users, you can change the animation your character uses as he searches.
- Better animation. Want to suggest one?
- Ability to find a weapon if the ped actually has one and remove it. Working on it.
Please, give me any bug or crash reports. I'll try my best to fix them.
What's New in Version 1.1.1
- Added support for more specific modifier keys such as LShiftKey. The old binds (Shift, Control, Alt) will not work anymore
- Added support for using a modifier button with a controller
- Added valid keys/button web links to .ini for ease of access
- Changed default search time to 3000 ms (3 seconds)
- Changed .ini to make it clear that you could change how long it takes to search a ped