How do I change the model of the jailer downtown?

luckylavs

Noobish question here...

In the downtown jail there is a jailer which is the same model every time you go in...

How would one go about changing that model to a different one?

In various mods, I often see lines like these in XML files:

<Peds>
                    <Ped comp_shirt="2" comp_pants="1" comp_decals="2" prop_glasses="1" tex_glasses="1" prop_hats="1">S_M_Y_HWAYCOP_01</Ped>
                </Peds>

Looks like an instruction to spawn a pedestrian of a certain model.  I figure there might be one for the jailer somewhere also, but if there is, I don't know where to look.

The other idea I had was to make the change using a Map Editor, such as what is shown below. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJBaimDb4LE

I guess this tool lets you fly around the map and add/remove objects/pedestrians, whatever you want.

Is this map editor the better approach?

Thanks in advance

• Management Team

Not a noobish question at all! Unfortunately you cannot customize the ped models of the station peds just yet, but we will see what we can do about that in the future.

Please do not PM me unless really necessary (knowing you helps). If you think you need my attention in a topic, tag me.

Thanks for your responding LMS.  Just one follow-up question to this, but any developer can answer...

If it is not yet possible to change the ped models in the downtown jail...  I'm wondering if the following can be used as a viable workaround?

Before I tell you the idea, I would just like to explain a bit about my thought process.   I presently suspect (although I don't know this for certain) that with respect to those LSPDFR mods that allow for jailing -- when the player drives up to the jail area with the arrested individual, the mod just transports/teleports that player to the downtown jail area.  So even though there are lots of jail points all over the map, this whole idea of there being multiple jails is an illusion -- there is really just one jail area.  

Therefore, my proposed solution would be to create a new jail area, using a map editor for example.  Then, somehow tweaking those other mods in such a way that instead of them transporting/teleporting the player into the downtown jail area -- where peds can't be edited -- it will teleport them to the new jail area.

Would such a solution be workable?  I don't have the developer experience to know if there is some technical reason why such a solution would be too difficult -- or even impossible -- to implement.

Thanks in advance.

• Management Team

I am not sure how other jail mods work, but yes, if you created your own jail mod and teleported the suspects to a different area you could totally have your own peds there. The mapping effort might not be worth it, though.

Please do not PM me unless really necessary (knowing you helps). If you think you need my attention in a topic, tag me.