Ramel

Website Feature Idea

Hey everyone,
I have an Idea for the Website. I have many add-ons installed, but sometimes I deinstall LSPDFR and all add-ons to play GTA online. I think a feature where you can create a list on the Site, where you can put all your Addons in and download them with one click, would be useful. I've made a Screenshot of how I mean it. I know it will be a bit work but I think it will be very helpful. I hope you understand it. 
Greetings,585749838_Screenshot(52).thumb.png.35ee7082c4d3cea0f5a6061eedda7d31.png
Ramel

I'd love this.

However, I don't think there's enough bandwidth to allow users to download a whole bunch of add-ons at once. I'm by no means a webmaster or anything, though, so that's just me guessing.

I understand your concern, however, there is no need to delete mods for online play. In the majority of use cases, all it requires is launching the game without RAGE Plugin Hook started (so simply not clicking it first, but launching GTA V normally) and renaming/removing dinput.dll to prevent any .asi mods from loading, effectively also disabling the mods folder.

5 hours ago, Ramel said:

Hey everyone,
I have an Idea for the Website. I have many add-ons installed, but sometimes I deinstall LSPDFR and all add-ons to play GTA online. I think a feature where you can create a list on the Site, where you can put all your Addons in and download them with one click, would be useful. I've made a Screenshot of how I mean it. I know it will be a bit work but I think it will be very helpful. I hope you understand it. 
Greetings,
Ramel

I don't see this as being plausible for quite a few reasons, one of which  lovkal covered.

My recommendation is to create a backup folder and throw all your plugins into there temporarily.  Granted, you might want to organize them better.

@LMS I've found that method doesn't work - whether it's just for me I'm not sure.  Tells me the game is corrupt, put dinput back in and all is well.

The first part of your idea (lists) is very similar to a bookmarks/list system I'm working on behind the scenes.

However, I've previously considered the second part of your idea (downloading an entire list at once) and I ruled it out as unviable, mostly because two of the approaches I considered around the implementation of the idea both have flaws.

• The first method would be zipping/raring up a mix of mods on the server-side, and pushing the single file out. This would wreck our caching and optimisation -- unless people commonly requested the same bundle.
  • The second method would be us pushing out an application that would create the bundle on the users' side. There are a few problems with this but it mostly boils down to most users wouldn't trust running an .exe for this every time.

So yes, we are working on something that would allow you to add your favourite mods to a list (or many lists) and even share these lists publicly, but we aren't really considering the second part of downloading an entire list at once.