DeputyDubbaU

WVSP Uniforms

Hello all, 

With the release of the amazing  San Andreas State Police textures based off of WVSP made by chadc78, I would like to create a lore pack for the EUP and ped. I utilize Photoshop and I feel like I can do it if anybody has any insight into how to begin! I'd love to get this done and push it out for you guys! I'll attach some images to show you guys what I mean. I would like to do the regular duty uniforms (right) and then the special operations uniforms (left). If anybody has any tips, ideas, support, templates; anything.. feel free to share!

Severe Weather.JPEG-0f701.jpg

56b976dae3388.image_.jpg

53 minutes ago, chadc78 said:

Are you requesting A uniform?

No.. I would like to do it, I'm just looking for tips and help on how to do it. 

Hi DeputyDubbaU,

The best way to go about doing this, is to extract the ped model's textures for the actual uniforms to separate folders. From here, you'll need to make edits to the texture by creating layers above it. As far as ped texturing goes, it can be quite tricky, because its difficult to work out where the curves of the ped lay and so on.

Once you've made the edits you want (and its better to do this with small changes and often), replace the texture in OpenIV and load up the ped model using the YDR file. You can take a look at what you've changed and whether you need to make any further edits.

When you're done, you can take the textures in your folders, place them into a ZIP and release it as a texture pack (remember not to include the models themselves without proper permission from the model-maker.

If you've ever done any vehicle texturing, its a similar process.

So, I've tried this.. however, I'm stuck as far as when I try to get the color right, it comes out way lighter. Should I layer it and then put it into like microsoft paint? 

On 12/22/2018 at 5:26 AM, DeputyDubbaU said:

So, I've tried this.. however, I'm stuck as far as when I try to get the color right, it comes out way lighter. Should I layer it and then put it into like microsoft paint? 

I would advise to never do anything in Microsoft paint. Textures can come out lighter/darker based on the model itself. If they're coming out lighter, you can use Photoshop for this!

The easiest way to do this is to create a new empty layer at the top of your heirarchy and use the fill tool to make it completely black. You can then set the layer opacity to probably around 10% (but play around with this until you get it just right), and then save your texture. 

There are better-practice ways of doing this, such as using layer effects, which I'd recommend having a look at. 

Let me know how you get on!