Savon

Lights're not working on police cars except ELS cars

Hello!

First of all - I've installed many mods at once, and I don't really want to reinstall all of them just to see if that would help.

So, sirens are working great, but lights on default and other non-els police cars are not working at all. 

Video:

https://streamable.com/tr68y

Maybe it's because of one of the .meta files? I tried default vehicles.meta and carvarations.meta but it didn't work.

I installed Radiance V, Bright Lights and Visual V if I remember correctly, other of that I have lspdfr with many callouts plugins.

Any help would be appreciated! 🙂

Edited by Savon

Hey, maybe you have a vehicle that needs Sheriff2.xml, for example, but did you replace it with another Sheriff2? This tends to make the lights "black" or not work properly.

I deleted all .xml files from ELS folder to see what will happen then. Now I spawned sheriff2 again, turned the lights on and this happened:

1797731755_DesktopScreenshot2018_11.12-17_44_59_64.thumb.png.e32fee2dbed377a51321d86ca8429389.png

My els folder:

1380853548_DesktopScreenshot2018_11.12-17_52_48_30.png.af526a37c0001c1b4b3d9debfee6f83c.png

Edited by Savon

You have to re-pack all included .xml files as the vehicle (lights) will not work without the .xml vehicles.
For example, if you download a vehicle that contains a "sheriff2.xml" 
but actually replaces "police2," the lights on the "Sheriff2" vehicle will not work.

ahh that explains a lot... but still, I dont understand why it's not working when I deleted all .xml files from ELS folder, it should theoretically work.

43 minutes ago, Pavy said:

are you Pressing E or Holding E? You need to press It once.

whats up with ur vanilla sheriff 2?

Ofc I press E once, I'm not that new.

Whats up with all my non els cars? LIGHTS ARE NOT WORKING

cDWkl5Q.png

Your topic has been moved to GTA V Support, this is not LSPDFR related.
Please post in the correct location in the future.

But still, if I deleted all the .xml files, then it should work on vanilla police cars, right? But it's not for some reason.

well, I fixed this problem by myself. I'm not really sure how, but probably replacing carvarations.meta fixed this problem.

35 minutes ago, Savon said:

well, I fixed this problem by myself. I'm not really sure how, but probably replacing carvarations.meta fixed this problem.

On 11/12/2018 at 10:44 AM, Savon said:

I tried default vehicles.meta and carvarations.meta but it didn't work.

What?