Dorden

Problem with PalmBay Harley Mod & traffic stop

Hello everyone,

I am an absolute noob with all the GTA V modding. I have installed several LCPDFR stuff as suggested in Albo's fantatstic video guide "Learn GTA modding Albo's way". At some point i decided to add the awesome Palm Bay Harley vehicle mod (https://www.lcpdfr.com/files/file/19441-2013-harley-davidson-electraglide-palm-bay-police-department/) because I am great fan of the E-Glide Harleys. I tried to stick to the installation guide from Albos Modding DLC Pack V. Sadly the installation instructions from the PalmBay mod itself are very minimal.

It seems the original files are meant to replace the bagger model in game. I copied all the files to the given locations. It works in so far, as it spawns and also the ELS works fine. However it seems the bagger is not really recognized as police vehicle for the game AI.

For example i cannot call for a traffic stop like on the normal policeb bike. Actually the PalmBay Harley acts like any other civilian motorcycle, though it looks, flashes and sirens like a police bike. It seems to me i need to tell GTA that this also a police bike. How do i do that? At what file location such things are specified?

In the readme file it says it is optimized for the policeb? Seems strange as it seems to replace the bagger by default? Also it says it works well with the policeb handling files, also i do not understand what that means? Is it a nice suggestion or something that needs to be done? And how can it be done? 

On a sidenote: I have ELS V installed and all traffic stop features work perfectly normal for the policeb, just with PalmBeach bagger there is that problem...

Any help is appreciated :)

Regards 

7 hours ago, Dorden said:

Hello everyone,

I am an absolute noob with all the GTA V modding. I have installed several LCPDFR stuff as suggested in Albo's fantatstic video guide "Learn GTA modding Albo's way". At some point i decided to add the awesome Palm Bay Harley vehicle mod (https://www.lcpdfr.com/files/file/19441-2013-harley-davidson-electraglide-palm-bay-police-department/) because I am great fan of the E-Glide Harleys. I tried to stick to the installation guide from Albos Modding DLC Pack V. Sadly the installation instructions from the PalmBay mod itself are very minimal.

It seems the original files are meant to replace the bagger model in game. I copied all the files to the given locations. It works in so far, as it spawns and also the ELS works fine. However it seems the bagger is not really recognized as police vehicle for the game AI.

For example i cannot call for a traffic stop like on the normal policeb bike. Actually the PalmBay Harley acts like any other civilian motorcycle, though it looks, flashes and sirens like a police bike. It seems to me i need to tell GTA that this also a police bike. How do i do that? At what file location such things are specified?

In the readme file it says it is optimized for the policeb? Seems strange as it seems to replace the bagger by default? Also it says it works well with the policeb handling files, also i do not understand what that means? Is it a nice suggestion or something that needs to be done? And how can it be done? 

On a sidenote: I have ELS V installed and all traffic stop features work perfectly normal for the policeb, just with PalmBeach bagger there is that problem...

Any help is appreciated 🙂

Regards 

You need to copy the policeb template for ur harley addon. I believe the Vehicles.meta and caravariations.meta

Copy the Default policeb text.

Telling him to ignorantly copy files does not help him understand the cause of the issue. To make the vehicle slot an emergency slot, you need to open the vehicles.meta file in OpenIV (search the forums to find out where to find it). CTRL+F for modelName>BAGGER</modelName> and find the section. Find the flags field and add "FLAG_LAW_ENFORCEMENT FLAG_EMERGENCY_SERVICE". This will tell the game to treat the vehicle model as law enforcement and emergency service.

30 minutes ago, liverlande said:

Telling him to ignorantly copy files does not help him understand the cause of the issue. To make the vehicle slot an emergency slot, you need to open the vehicles.meta file in OpenIV (search the forums to find out where to find it). CTRL+F for modelName>BAGGER</modelName> and find the section. Find the flags field and add "FLAG_LAW_ENFORCEMENT FLAG_EMERGENCY_SERVICE". This will tell the game to treat the vehicle model as law enforcement and emergency service.

1. He is using his bike for add-on DLC. Telling him to search for modelName>BAGGER</modelName> is completely incorrect since its not called Bagger. His handling ID is called Bagger his modelname is something else.

2. He would only have 1 vehicle added in his vehicles.meta since he just started with add-on DLC.

3. "flags field" That isn't really helpful.  Telling him find "<flags>" under his vehicle line of text is the proper way and then adding FLAG_LAW_ENFORCEMENT FLAG_EMERGENCY_SERVICE

4. I'm not telling him anything ignorantly. He needs the lines for policeB so his character sits properly on the motorcycle, otherwise the seating position will look Glitched.

5. After he would copy over that policeB line he can simply change to <handlingId>BAGGER</handlingId>

giphy[1].gif

Edited by Pavy

Thank you very much for both your advice. Adding the flags didn't solve my problem. Sorry, but i do not understand what 'policeb lines' shall be copied from where to where? My rider's position seems fine though. I fear I need a noob-proof step-by-step answer...

I would also not mind to just replace the policeb-original bike with the PalmBay one, if that is easier? Is it enough to change the bagger.ytd and .yft files to policeb.ytd and .yft ? Or is there anything else?

One way or another - i would love to have it working in game

Regards

Edited by Dorden

1 minute ago, Dorden said:

Thank you very much for both your advice. Adding the flags didn't solve my problem. Sorry, but i do not understand what 'policeb lines' shall be copied from where to where? My rider's position seems fine though. I fear I need a noob-proof step-by-step answer...

Regards

In your main vehicles.meta where all your cars lines are, you simply copy the policeb template.

Spoiler

<Item>
      <modelName>policeb</modelName>
      <txdName>policeb</txdName>
      <handlingId>POLICEB</handlingId>
      <gameName>POLICEB</gameName>
      <vehicleMakeName />
      <expressionDictName>null</expressionDictName>
      <expressionName>null</expressionName>
      <animConvRoofDictName>null</animConvRoofDictName>
      <animConvRoofName>null</animConvRoofName>
      <animConvRoofWindowsAffected />
      <ptfxAssetName>null</ptfxAssetName>
      <audioNameHash />
      <layout>LAYOUT_BIKE_POLICE</layout>
      <coverBoundOffsets>POLICEB_COVER_OFFSET_INFO</coverBoundOffsets>
      <POVTuningInfo>POLICEB_POV_TUNING</POVTuningInfo>
      <explosionInfo>EXPLOSION_INFO_DEFAULT</explosionInfo>
      <scenarioLayout />
      <cameraName>FOLLOW_UPRIGHT_BIKE_CAMERA</cameraName>
      <aimCameraName>BIKE_AIM_CAMERA</aimCameraName>
      <bonnetCameraName>BIKE_POLICEB_POV_CAMERA</bonnetCameraName>
      <povCameraName>BIKE_POLICEB_POV_CAMERA</povCameraName>
      <FirstPersonDriveByIKOffset x="0.000000" y="-0.060000" z="0.000000" />
      <FirstPersonDriveByUnarmedIKOffset x="-0.050000" y="-0.125000" z="0.000000" />
      <FirstPersonProjectileDriveByIKOffset x="0.000000" y="0.000000" z="0.000000" />
      <FirstPersonProjectileDriveByPassengerIKOffset x="0.000000" y="0.000000" z="0.000000" />
      <FirstPersonProjectileDriveByRearLeftIKOffset x="0.000000" y="0.000000" z="0.000000" />
      <FirstPersonProjectileDriveByRearRightIKOffset x="0.000000" y="0.000000" z="0.000000" />
      <FirstPersonDriveByLeftPassengerIKOffset x="0.000000" y="0.000000" z="0.000000" />
      <FirstPersonDriveByRightPassengerIKOffset x="0.000000" y="0.000000" z="0.000000" />
      <FirstPersonDriveByRightRearPassengerIKOffset x="0.000000" y="0.000000" z="0.000000" />
      <FirstPersonDriveByLeftPassengerUnarmedIKOffset x="0.000000" y="0.000000" z="0.000000" />
      <FirstPersonDriveByRightPassengerUnarmedIKOffset x="0.000000" y="0.000000" z="0.000000" />
      <FirstPersonMobilePhoneOffset x="0.155000" y="0.315000" z="0.520000" />
      <FirstPersonPassengerMobilePhoneOffset x="0.136000" y="0.223000" z="0.425000" />
      <PovCameraOffset x="0.000000" y="0.000000" z="0.000000" />
      <PovCameraVerticalAdjustmentForRollCage value="0.000000" />
      <PovPassengerCameraOffset x="0.000000" y="0.000000" z="0.000000" />
      <PovRearPassengerCameraOffset x="0.000000" y="0.000000" z="0.000000" />
      <vfxInfoName>VFXVEHICLEINFO_MOTORBIKE_GENERIC</vfxInfoName>
      <shouldUseCinematicViewMode value="true" />
      <shouldCameraTransitionOnClimbUpDown value="false" />
      <shouldCameraIgnoreExiting value="false" />
      <AllowPretendOccupants value="false" />
      <AllowJoyriding value="true" />
      <AllowSundayDriving value="true" />
      <AllowBodyColorMapping value="true" />
      <wheelScale value="0.229500" />
      <wheelScaleRear value="0.200000" />
      <dirtLevelMin value="0.000000" />
      <dirtLevelMax value="0.300000" />
      <envEffScaleMin value="0.000000" />
      <envEffScaleMax value="1.000000" />
      <envEffScaleMin2 value="0.000000" />
      <envEffScaleMax2 value="1.000000" />
      <damageMapScale value="0.600000" />
      <damageOffsetScale value="1.000000" />
      <diffuseTint value="0x88000000" />
      <steerWheelMult value="0.600000" />
      <HDTextureDist value="5.000000" />
      <lodDistances content="float_array">
      </lodDistances>
      <minSeatHeight value="10" />
      <identicalModelSpawnDistance value="20" />
      <maxNumOfSameColor value="10" />
      <defaultBodyHealth value="1000.000000" />
      <pretendOccupantsScale value="1.000000" />
      <visibleSpawnDistScale value="1.000000" />
      <trackerPathWidth value="2.000000" />
      <weaponForceMult value="1.000000" />
      <frequency value="30" />
      <swankness>SWANKNESS_5</swankness>
      <maxNum value="2" />
      <flags>FLAG_NO_BOOT FLAG_LAW_ENFORCEMENT FLAG_NO_RESPRAY FLAG_IGNORE_ON_SIDE_CHECK FLAG_DONT_SPAWN_IN_CARGEN FLAG_HEADLIGHTS_USE_ACTUAL_BONE_POS FLAG_BIKE_CLAMP_PICKUP_LEAN_RATE FLAG_REPORT_CRIME_IF_STANDING_ON</flags>
      <type>VEHICLE_TYPE_BIKE</type>
      <plateType>VPT_BACK_PLATES</plateType>
      <dashboardType>VDT_ZTYPE</dashboardType>
      <vehicleClass>VC_EMERGENCY</vehicleClass>
      <wheelType>VWT_BIKE</wheelType>
      <trailers />
      <additionalTrailers />
      <drivers>
        <Item>
          <driverName>S_M_Y_HWayCop_01</driverName>
          <npcName />
        </Item>
      </drivers>
      <extraIncludes />
      <doorsWithCollisionWhenClosed />
      <driveableDoors />
      <bumpersNeedToCollideWithMap value="false" />
      <needsRopeTexture value="false" />
      <requiredExtras />
      <rewards>
        <Item>REWARD_WEAPON_PISTOL</Item>
        <Item>REWARD_AMMO_PISTOL</Item>
        <Item>REWARD_STAT_WEAPON</Item>
      </rewards>
      <cinematicPartCamera>
        <Item>WHEEL_REAR_LEFT_CAMERA</Item>
        <Item>WHEEL_REAR_RIGHT_CAMERA</Item>
      </cinematicPartCamera>
      <NmBraceOverrideSet>Bike</NmBraceOverrideSet>
      <buoyancySphereOffset x="0.000000" y="0.000000" z="0.000000" />
      <buoyancySphereSizeScale value="1.000000" />
      <pOverrideRagdollThreshold type="NULL" />
      <firstPersonDrivebyData>
        <Item>BIKE_POLICEB_FRONT</Item>
      </firstPersonDrivebyData>
    </Item>

Copy over that line of text into the vehicles.meta you created for your addons.

Rename <modelName>policeb</modelName>            
                 <txdName>policeb</txdName>

<gameName>POLICEB</gameName>

rename policeb with the name of ur harley model