Walters

Requesting ped creator help (RCMP Reflective Vest)

Me and @RogueThunder were working on a project awhile ago with a EUP vest. We were making a RCMP reflective vest which means I had to edit the original files. When I try it in game. Nothing works. No textures and the vest is in a T post not moving with the character. So I got two questions. How can I fix the vest so it moves with the character and how to get the vest to actually use the textures as the original EUP clothes have the textures embedded in the ydd file.

Zmodeler3:

Spoiler

Screenshot_1.thumb.png.619660d6892cb8a75262a60217acaa1d.pngScreenshot_2.png.9377cf23173873c0e141890f656ba185.pngScreenshot_3.png.f4d1ee85a4fdbe8f1c668d310ce4d411.png

Openiv:

Spoiler

Screenshot_6.thumb.png.5797a8e3c4f6a4b6e91475ced9e2b993.png

In game:

Spoiler

Screenshot_4.png.24ea5b3b5ad6d979e91bf2633d086fa7.pngScreenshot_5.png.73ee817eca5a10910e53450a41de840c.png

I appreciate anyone's help as I'm very new to ped modeling. Thankyou!

4 hours ago, Walters said:

Me and @RogueThunder were working on a project awhile ago with a EUP vest. We were making a RCMP reflective vest which means I had to edit the original files. When I try it in game. Nothing works. No textures and the vest is in a T post not moving with the character. So I got two questions. How can I fix the vest so it moves with the character and how to get the vest to actually use the textures as the original EUP clothes have the textures embedded in the ydd file.

Zmodeler3:

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_1.thumb.png.619660d6892cb8a75262a60217acaa1d.pngScreenshot_2.png.9377cf23173873c0e141890f656ba185.pngScreenshot_3.png.f4d1ee85a4fdbe8f1c668d310ce4d411.png

Openiv:

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_6.thumb.png.5797a8e3c4f6a4b6e91475ced9e2b993.png

In game:

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_4.png.24ea5b3b5ad6d979e91bf2633d086fa7.pngScreenshot_5.png.73ee817eca5a10910e53450a41de840c.png

I appreciate anyone's help as I'm very new to ped modeling. Thankyou!

You have to apply weight to the vest and it looks like you may be using the wrong materials for the vest.

5 hours ago, majorpaine2015 said:

You have to apply weight to the vest and it looks like you may be using the wrong materials for the vest.

How do I apply weight?

3 hours ago, majorpaine2015 said:

Follow this vid for the weights start at 1:55 and for the textures start at 1:16

I'll try this and I'll let you know if it worked.

5 hours ago, majorpaine2015 said:

Follow this vid for the weights start at 1:55 and for the textures start at 1:16

Okay I tried it and it didn't work. It's the same as the first pictures.

2 minutes ago, Walters said:

Hide contents

image.png.fcfc175b152c14339b680ad4c05ca085.pngScreenshot_1.png.1ed2d8558ee2a1ab749f7c146240cc6c.png

Copy the the weight from the original mesh to the new mesh. Then delete the old mesh. Then you have to bind the vest to the skeleton.

11 minutes ago, majorpaine2015 said:

Copy the the weight from the original mesh to the new mesh. Then delete the old mesh. Then you have to bind the vest to the skeleton.

I already did copied the weight earlier. Delete the old mesh? and it doesn't have a skeleton.

2 minutes ago, Walters said:

I already did copied the weight earlier. Delete the old mesh? and it doesn't have a skeleton.

What kind of ped are using? mp ped or single player ped?

3 minutes ago, majorpaine2015 said:

What kind of ped are using? mp ped or single player ped?

It's EUP clothes so all it is in the file is a vest.

2 minutes ago, majorpaine2015 said:

And are you trying to put the vest on a certain ped, like cop, sheriff etc?

Nope, just want to replace the EUP vest with my edit and have it still work with EUP.

Walter's, have a look at this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fF7Rh8YGEGI. Tell me if it works for you! Your welcome.

31 minutes ago, kevin liu said:

Walter's, have a look at this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fF7Rh8YGEGI. Tell me if it works for you! Your welcome.

No. That’s not what I’m doing at all. That whole video is some guy making a texture. Did you read the first post?

18 hours ago, Walters said:

No. That’s not what I’m doing at all. That whole video is some guy making a texture. Did you read the first post?

Basicly what that vid is about is editing eup textures so you can get your desired texture working without messing with the mesh itself, which looks like what you were doing.

On 10/24/2018 at 6:39 PM, majorpaine2015 said:

Basicly what that vid is about is editing eup textures so you can get your desired texture working without messing with the mesh itself, which looks like what you were doing.

He is trying to make his own EUP jacket, not edit some textures, it's because he wants to make it reflective.

On 10/27/2018 at 2:46 PM, HuskyBaud said:

He is trying to make his own EUP jacket, not edit some textures, it's because he wants to make it reflective.

Mistake me if im wrong but making a jacket refective  requires editing a texture to make it refective. The mesh has nothing to do with whether it's reflective or not except if you make a whole new texture and uv map it to the jacket.

3 hours ago, majorpaine2015 said:

Mistake me if im wrong but making a jacket refective  requires editing a texture to make it refective. The mesh has nothing to do with whether it's reflective or not except if you make a whole new texture and uv map it to the jacket.

He knows how to make it reflective that isnt the issue to my knowledge he just can’t get it to work 

10 hours ago, majorpaine2015 said:

That is incorrect. Reflective liveries are not done by textures. The mesh needs to have a special material added to certain parts of the mesh. My only problem is that the vest does not move with the character.