Jump to content
Walters

Requesting ped creator help (RCMP Reflective Vest)

Recommended Posts

Me and @RogueThunder were working on a project awhile ago with a EUP vest. We were making a RCMP reflective vest which means I had to edit the original files. When I try it in game. Nothing works. No textures and the vest is in a T post not moving with the character. So I got two questions. How can I fix the vest so it moves with the character and how to get the vest to actually use the textures as the original EUP clothes have the textures embedded in the ydd file.

 

Zmodeler3:

Spoiler

Screenshot_1.thumb.png.619660d6892cb8a75262a60217acaa1d.pngScreenshot_2.png.9377cf23173873c0e141890f656ba185.pngScreenshot_3.png.f4d1ee85a4fdbe8f1c668d310ce4d411.png

 

Openiv:

Spoiler

Screenshot_6.thumb.png.5797a8e3c4f6a4b6e91475ced9e2b993.png

 

In game:

Spoiler

Screenshot_4.png.24ea5b3b5ad6d979e91bf2633d086fa7.pngScreenshot_5.png.73ee817eca5a10910e53450a41de840c.png

 

I appreciate anyone's help as I'm very new to ped modeling. Thankyou!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Walters said:

Me and @RogueThunder were working on a project awhile ago with a EUP vest. We were making a RCMP reflective vest which means I had to edit the original files. When I try it in game. Nothing works. No textures and the vest is in a T post not moving with the character. So I got two questions. How can I fix the vest so it moves with the character and how to get the vest to actually use the textures as the original EUP clothes have the textures embedded in the ydd file.

 

Zmodeler3:

  Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_1.thumb.png.619660d6892cb8a75262a60217acaa1d.pngScreenshot_2.png.9377cf23173873c0e141890f656ba185.pngScreenshot_3.png.f4d1ee85a4fdbe8f1c668d310ce4d411.png

 

Openiv:

  Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_6.thumb.png.5797a8e3c4f6a4b6e91475ced9e2b993.png

 

In game:

  Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_4.png.24ea5b3b5ad6d979e91bf2633d086fa7.pngScreenshot_5.png.73ee817eca5a10910e53450a41de840c.png

 

I appreciate anyone's help as I'm very new to ped modeling. Thankyou!

You have to apply weight to the vest and it looks like you may be using the wrong materials for the vest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, majorpaine2015 said:

Copy the the weight from the original mesh to the new mesh. Then delete the old mesh. Then you have to bind the vest to the skeleton.

I already did copied the weight earlier. Delete the old mesh? and it doesn't have a skeleton.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, kevin liu said:

Walter's, have a look at this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fF7Rh8YGEGI. Tell me if it works for you! Your welcome.

No. That’s not what I’m doing at all. That whole video is some guy making a texture. Did you read the first post?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Walters said:

No. That’s not what I’m doing at all. That whole video is some guy making a texture. Did you read the first post?

Basicly what that vid is about is editing eup textures so you can get your desired texture working without messing with the mesh itself, which looks like what you were doing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/24/2018 at 6:39 PM, majorpaine2015 said:

Basicly what that vid is about is editing eup textures so you can get your desired texture working without messing with the mesh itself, which looks like what you were doing.

He is trying to make his own EUP jacket, not edit some textures, it's because he wants to make it reflective.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/27/2018 at 2:46 PM, HuskyBaud said:

He is trying to make his own EUP jacket, not edit some textures, it's because he wants to make it reflective.

Mistake me if im wrong but making a jacket refective  requires editing a texture to make it refective. The mesh has nothing to do with whether it's reflective or not except if you make a whole new texture and uv map it to the jacket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, majorpaine2015 said:

Mistake me if im wrong but making a jacket refective  requires editing a texture to make it refective. The mesh has nothing to do with whether it's reflective or not except if you make a whole new texture and uv map it to the jacket.

He knows how to make it reflective that isnt the issue to my knowledge he just can’t get it to work 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, majorpaine2015 said:

Mistake me if im wrong but making a jacket refective  requires editing a texture to make it refective. The mesh has nothing to do with whether it's reflective or not except if you make a whole new texture and uv map it to the jacket.

That is incorrect. Reflective liveries are not done by textures. The mesh needs to have a special material added to certain parts of the mesh. My only problem is that the vest does not move with the character.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...