Truckerman216

GTA crashes after adding in old DLC packs

I uninstalled GTA 5 before the newest update and then i reinstalled it like 2 weeks ago and when i go to edit the DLC List the game crashes.

• Did something with the carvations or vehicle metas change in the update to cause the crash?
  • Does openiv not like you typing in the editor or something?

11 hours ago, Truckerman216 said:

I uninstalled GTA 5 before the newest update and then i reinstalled it like 2 weeks ago and when i go to edit the DLC List the game crashes.

• Did something with the carvations or vehicle metas change in the update to cause the crash?

You need to have a modded game config for extra dlc to be added. 

https://www.gta5-mods.com/misc/gta-5-gameconfig-300-cars

17 hours ago, Truckerman216 said:

Just to add, there is a dlcpack limit.  I'm not entirely sure what the limit is, however you can easily tell if you've hit the limit.  All you need to do is remove one of the lines from the dlclist, save, re add it to openiv and load into your game.

You can edit in OpenIV's editor, but I prefer dragging and dropping onto desktop and editing in Notepad++.  I've had a few times where OIV's editor won't let me edit or format in the right way.

I just downloaded that gameconfig and this is the first time for me changing a gameconfig.  In the game config I downloaded from the link above there are folders that says a number and traffic and some folders have a number with ped.......What's the difference in those folders?  How do I know which one I should install?  Thanks

5 hours ago, JBin818 said:

I just downloaded that gameconfig and this is the first time for me changing a gameconfig.  In the game config I downloaded from the link above there are folders that says a number and traffic and some folders have a number with ped.......What's the difference in those folders?  How do I know which one I should install?  Thanks

Those numbers are multipliers for the game's Ped and traffic amount. You simply pick the 1x with (Base GTA) in it's name.