YannisManesis

Why is this happening?

Hello,
I have encountered this problem before with the A10 Warthog. The problem might be because there are multiple file locations for the replace vehicle. What is the vehicle name of the one you are trying to replace? (i.e. police4)

Thanks!

7 hours ago, UnknownBastion said:

Hello,
I have encountered this problem before with the A10 Warthog. The problem might be because there are multiple file locations for the replace vehicle. What is the vehicle name of the one you are trying to replace? (i.e. police4)

Thanks!

Hey and thanks for answering. It is the Sheriff SUV

16 hours ago, YannisManesis said:

Hey and thanks for answering. It is the Sheriff SUV

Do you have NVR installed?  If yes, NVR installs an NVR_EMISSIVES dlc which contains .ytds for various models.  This dlc is not needed, you can safely delete it and it'll solve your problem.

cDWkl5Q.png

Your topic has been moved to GTA V Support, this is not LSPDFR related.
Please post in the correct location in the future.

4 hours ago, Giordano said:

Do you have NVR installed?  If yes, NVR installs an NVR_EMISSIVES dlc which contains .ytds for various models.  This dlc is not needed, you can safely delete it and it'll solve your problem.

cDWkl5Q.png

Your topic has been moved to GTA V Support, this is not LSPDFR related.
Please post in the correct location in the future.

@UnknownBastion it's the sheriff2

@Giordano I have VisualV but not NVR...but I did not excactly understand what you suggested me to do. Install NVR and then delete it?

Ok, I just installed NVR. It pretty much fucked all my game up.

No cloud textures, no weapon and radio icons, all vehicle textures messed up

... 😕 

1 hour ago, YannisManesis said:

... 😕 

No, Giordano was saying that if you did have it installed, then you should delete NVR_EMISSIVES dlc from your dlcpacks as it is not needed. If you don't have it, it is okay. 
As for my theory, once you get rid of NVR, look online and see how many files locations exist for sheriff2. And then replace in all those locations in your mods folder and see if that helps. 

2 hours ago, YannisManesis said:

... 😕 

NVR has an uninstaller as well so it's easy to fix. 

As for your problem. Make sure you have all the vehicle files in the location. Put them in the latest patchday 19.

Make sure if the vehicle download has 3 files you put them in openiv and remove any OLD sheriff files because some police vehicles has 4 files and sometimes 3.

If you put the 3 files into openiv but there's still an old sheriff vehicle file you have to manually delete it.

For example sheriff.yft sheriff.ytd sheriff_hi.yft Are 3 files in the download.

Inside open Iv you might have sheriff+hi.ytd, you'd have to delete that.

5 minutes ago, Pav500 said:

NVR has an uninstaller as well so it's easy to fix. 

As for your problem. Make sure you have all the vehicle files in the location. Put them in the latest patchday 19.

Make sure if the vehicle download has 3 files you put them in openiv and remove any OLD sheriff files because some police vehicles has 4 files and sometimes 3.

If you put the 3 files into openiv but there's still an old sheriff vehicle file you have to manually delete it.

For example sheriff.yft sheriff.ytd sheriff_hi.yft Are 3 files in the download.

Inside open Iv you might have sheriff+hi.ytd, you'd have to delete that.

I understand, I've replaced the files everywhere in the 'mods' folder but not placed them inside patchday19

I understand, I've replaced the files everywhere in the 'mods' folder but not placed them inside patchday19

Try putting them there, that might help. Also make backups of the original sheriff vehicle to have just in case it causes your game to crash.

12 hours ago, UnknownBastion said:

Try putting them there, that might help. Also make backups of the original sheriff vehicle to have just in case it causes your game to crash.

Lol, putting them in patchday 19 did not change anything, plus it made my game crash every time I drive in to Paleto Bay

Lol, putting them in patchday 19 did not change anything, plus it made my game crash every time I drive in to Paleto Bay

Game crashing implies an issue with either the vehicle itself, or the meta/carvar. What exactly are you doing and have you done?  I'm sorry to say, but it's most certainly something you did.

58 minutes ago, Giordano said:

Game crashing implies an issue with either the vehicle itself, or the meta/carvar. What exactly are you doing and have you done?  I'm sorry to say, but it's most certainly something you did.

Hahah do not be sorry, I always screw things up XD. Fixed the crashing issue, the cause was that I mistakenly placed the vehicle files in the patchday19 which was not in the mods folder.

Edited by YannisManesis

3 minutes ago, YannisManesis said:

Hahah do not be sorry, I always screw things up XD. Fixed the crashing issue, the cause was that I mistakenly placed the vehicle files in the patchday19 which was not in the mods folder.

Ahh, glad you got that sorted. 😛  So are we back to square one of vehicles looking weird?

Try finding all the locations where sheriff2 is located. I had the same problem with the A10 Warthog, where when I installed it, it had that green texture. Once I figured out that the replace file, lazer, had multiple locations I put the corresponding files in the other location and the problem was solved. Try that and see if it helps, also remember to make copies of the files replaced just in case anything happens.

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, UnknownBastion said:

Try finding all the locations where sheriff2 is located. I had the same problem with the A10 Warthog, where when I installed it, it had that green texture. Once I figured out that the replace file, lazer, had multiple locations I put the corresponding files in the other location and the problem was solved. Try that and see if it helps, also remember to make copies of the files replaced just in case anything happens.

I've replaced it in every location. @Giordano yes, I've witnessed it in every pack I've tried

Edited by YannisManesis

43 minutes ago, YannisManesis said:

I've replaced it in every location. @Giordano yes, I've witnessed it in every pack I've tried

There is something you've done, whether it be install something, change something, whatever else, but this is definitely a result of something you have done.  I install vehicles on a daily basis and most of the time never have issues.

My best advice is to back trace every action you have done to see if you edited something you shouldn't of.

I also want to ask again, have you installed NaturalVision Remastered?  This is a graphics mod which includes a dlcpack that would do this.

23 hours ago, Giordano said:

There is something you've done, whether it be install something, change something, whatever else, but this is definitely a result of something you have done.  I install vehicles on a daily basis and most of the time never have issues.

My best advice is to back trace every action you have done to see if you edited something you shouldn't of.

I also want to ask again, have you installed NaturalVision Remastered?  This is a graphics mod which includes a dlcpack that would do this.

Yes, I've installed NVR..thanks for the advise though

1 hour ago, YannisManesis said:

Yes, I've installed NVR..thanks for the advise though

Open GTA V's folder, go into mods-->update-->x64-->dlcpacks.

Delete the folder named NVR_EMISSIVES. Now go in game and try.

16 hours ago, Giordano said:

Open GTA V's folder, go into mods-->update-->x64-->dlcpacks.

Delete the folder named NVR_EMISSIVES. Now go in game and try.

I've deleted it 😕