Phanta

Bullet Shell impact on chassis

Hello!

So, I almost finished a car based on Hurk's CVPI model, and I'm noticing I can't get bullet impacts to show on the chassis object. I tried soo much.. I still got the chassis_dummy, lowlod and chassic COL's, I replaced them with  vanilla stainer's, I even replaced every other collission in the whole model with stanier vanilla, but no success sadly. The bullets DO get stopped, so they don't go through, but the bullet impacts just dont show on the chassis part. Does anyone know the fix for this? I feel like I've compared everything with working models from ID's to values but I'm out of ideas... Thanks in advance!

Are your Collisions over the mesh and does the mesh and col have impact options and values??

Also there is a tutorial on Collisions on zmod forums gtaV section.

12 hours ago, Candice said:

Are your Collisions over the mesh and does the mesh and col have impact options and values??

Also there is a tutorial on Collisions on zmod forums gtaV section.

Thanks for getting back to me Candice.
This is my chassis COL, which I think is pretty accurate to the model, http://imgur.com/7baXwS0

Also for the collission, the car is 116 for all of the box except for the window places, they are 142. Of course these ID's are assigned in polygon mode. 
I did check all the tutorials I could find, and I can't find anything except this all. Thanks in advance Candice!

2 hours ago, Phanta said:

Thanks for getting back to me Candice.
This is my chassis COL, which I think is pretty accurate to the model, http://imgur.com/7baXwS0

Also for the collission, the car is 116 for all of the box except for the window places, they are 142. Of course these ID's are assigned in polygon mode. 
I did check all the tutorials I could find, and I can't find anything except this all. Thanks in advance Candice!

take your collision mesh in vertex mode and select the grouped polygon nodes to stretch the cols over the vehicle mesh. if this doesn't work import in a default model swap out the COL and shape it to fit new model. 

http://forum.zmodeler3.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=7349 this is a forum post on collisions and what not, in case i missed something else 

21 hours ago, Candice said:

take your collision mesh in vertex mode and select the grouped polygon nodes to stretch the cols over the vehicle mesh. if this doesn't work import in a default model swap out the COL and shape it to fit new model. 

http://forum.zmodeler3.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=7349 this is a forum post on collisions and what not, in case i missed something else 

Dear Candice,

I fixed it. I was almost ready to give up. I went over everything in that post again, everything was as it was supposed to be. When I started comparing my base model to other CVPI dev models, I noticed that mine doesn't have a bodyshell, and what normally would be the bodyshell was merged with the chassis. Apparently bullets never show on the chassis itself, since it's always fully hidden by everything around it. Once I extracted the paint layer from the Chassis and made it into a Bodyshell, all works now. Learn something new every day. Thanks for your help, love your work! Thanks 🙂

Dear Candice,

I fixed it. I was almost ready to give up. I went over everything in that post again, everything was as it was supposed to be. When I started comparing my base model to other CVPI dev models, I noticed that mine doesn't have a bodyshell, and what normally would be the bodyshell was merged with the chassis. Apparently bullets never show on the chassis itself, since it's always fully hidden by everything around it. Once I extracted the paint layer from the Chassis and made it into a Bodyshell, all works now. Learn something new every day. Thanks for your help, love your work! Thanks 🙂

glad to hear you got it to work, and yeah you definitively need a bodyshell. 

On 9/18/2018 at 8:40 AM, Phanta said:

Dear Candice,

same thing happened to me yesterday, i fixed it getting the polygons of the body, to > "bodyshell" and with a chassis collision extracted from .yft original file !