How to add vehicle damage

Deactivated Member

it only has a getter, you can't set it to anything...

image.png.6b73f0ed5368920cc11efa7870014f98.png

if you want to damage a vehicle use the vehicle.Deform method

https://docs.ragepluginhook.net/html/M_Rage_Vehicle_Deform.htm

public static void Damage(this Vehicle vehicle, float radius, float amount)
{
    var model = vehicle.Model;
    model.GetDimensions(out var vector3_1, out var vector3_2);
    var num = new Random().Next(10, 45);
    for (var index = 0; index < num; ++index)
    {
        var randomInt1 = MathHelper.GetRandomSingle(vector3_1.X, vector3_2.X);
        var randomInt2 = MathHelper.GetRandomSingle(vector3_1.Y, vector3_2.Y);
        var randomInt3 = MathHelper.GetRandomSingle(vector3_1.Z, vector3_2.Z);
        vehicle.Deform(new Vector3(randomInt1, randomInt2, randomInt3), radius, amount);
    }
}
Edited by NoNameSet

Thanks, so I've got the hole callout working, it's the speech now. So this is what I've got, but when I accept the callout, it just plays the text over and over again, when I haven't even pressed T.

public override void Process()
        {
            base.Process();
            state1 = EConvostate.init;
            {
                if (Game.LocalPlayer.Character.Position.DistanceTo(CopPed.Position) <=3f)
                if (Game.LocalPlayer.Character.Position.DistanceTo(CopPed.Position) <= 3f)
                    GameFiber.Yield();
                while (Game.IsKeyDown(System.Windows.Forms.Keys.T))
                    GameFiber.Yield();
                VehicleBlip.DisableRoute();

Game.DisplaySubtitle("~b~Officer:~s~ I saw the two vehicles crash as I was driving the other way, the ~g~victim~s~ seems to be alright, but the ~r~suspect~s~ is very aggressive, so be careful of him.", 9000);
                GameFiber.Wait(8000);
                Game.DisplaySubtitle("~b~Officer~s~ I've spoken to both of them, and they seem friendly towards each other but the suspect doesn't like me at all", 7000);
                GameFiber.Wait(6000);
                Game.DisplaySubtitle("~b~Officer:~s~ So now that you know what's going on, talk to the ~g~victim~s~ first, and then tlak to the ~r~suspect~s~.", 6500);

if (Game.LocalPlayer.Character.Position.DistanceTo(Victimped.Position) <= 3f)
                    GameFiber.Yield();
                    GameFiber.Yield();

Game.DisplaySubtitle("~b~You:~s~ Hello Sir, I'm here to talk to you about the crash.", 4000);
                GameFiber.Wait(3000);
                Game.DisplaySubtitle("~g~Victim:~s~ Hello Officer, yes... This man was doing well over the speed limit, came up behind me and next thing ya know, BOOM! ploughed into my fucking car!", 6500);
                GameFiber.Wait(5500);
                Game.DisplaySubtitle("~b~You:~s~ Why isn't the suspect's vehicle here sir?", 3000);
                GameFiber.Wait(2000);
                Game.DisplaySubtitle("~g~Victim:~s~ The officer first on scene searched it, and got it towed away. I didn't really pay attention to that because I could care less what happens to that asshole.", 8000);
                GameFiber.Wait(7000);
                Game.DisplaySubtitle("~b~You:~s~ Are you hurt in anyway? Is anything bothering you?", 3500);
                GameFiber.Wait(2500);
                Game.DisplaySubtitle("~g~Victim:~s~ No sir, I just want that asshole put in prison for how he's treated the officer, hitting my car and then acting like he's done nothing wrong... Fucking idiot!", 7000);
                GameFiber.Wait(6000);
                Game.DisplaySubtitle("~b~You:~s~ Alright sir, I'll talk to him now.", 3000);
                GameFiber.Wait(2000);
                Game.DisplaySubtitle("~g~Victim:~s~ Thank you officer.", 2500);
                GameFiber.Wait(1500);
                Game.DisplaySubtitle("Talk to the ~r~suspect~s~ and deal with the situation how you think it fits.", 4000);

if (Game.LocalPlayer.Character.Position.DistanceTo(SuspectPed) <= 3f)
                    GameFiber.Yield();
                    GameFiber.Yield();

Game.DisplaySubtitle("~b~You:~s~ Hello Sir, I'm to talk with you about the crash.", 3500);
                GameFiber.Wait(2500);
                Game.DisplaySubtitle("~r~Suspect:~s~ I'm not saying one fucking word dumbass, I've done nothing wrong, he should be dead for all I care, now fuck off and leave me alone!",

6500);
                state1 = EConvostate.Last;
                GameFiber.Wait(5500);
                Game.DisplayNotification("Arrest the ~r~suspect~s~.");
                {
                    if (Functions.IsPedArrested(SuspectPed))
                    {
                        End();
                    }

Thats because you're looping it, just use the dialog class I gave you. From what I can see right now you are using GameFiber.Sleep without creating a new fiber which you shouldn't ever do lol. You should also use an enum and switch between callout states like I showed you before.

Edited by NoNameSet

Okay, now this isn't working, not in game, the second to last bracket is underlined red. error is as follows "delegate

{

; expected"

So I've tried putting the semicolon there, that didn't work, and I've tried putting the closed bracket and the semicolon, but still didn't work, e.g "GameFiber.StartNew(delegate);"

state1 = EConvostate.OnScene;
            GameFiber.StartNew(delegate      <This is the delegate that's having errors
                {
                state1 = EConvostate.init;
                while (true)
                {
                    GameFiber.Yield();
                    if (Game.IsKeyDown(System.Windows.Forms.Keys.T))
                    {
                        GameFiber.Yield();
                    }
                    {
                        if (state1 == EConvostate.init)
                            if (isSpeechComplete)
                            {
                                GameFiber.Yield();
                                if (isSpeechComplete)
                                    if (state1 == EConvostate.OnScene && Game.LocalPlayer.Character.Position.DistanceTo(CopPed) <= 5f)
                                        Game.DisplaySubtitle("~b~You:~s~ Hello Officer, what seems to be the problem today?", 3500);
                                GameFiber.Wait(2500);

Game.DisplaySubtitle("~b~Officer:~s~ Well what I saw was the picador get rammed, almost pitted by the fugitive. Be careful with the suspect, he's pretty hostile.", 6000);
                                GameFiber.Wait(5000);

Game.DisplaySubtitle("~b~You:~s~ Thanks officer, I'll deal with the victim first, and then the suspect.", 4500);
                                GameFiber.Wait(3500);

GameFiber.Yield();
                                if (Game.LocalPlayer.Character.Position.DistanceTo(Victimped) <= 5f)
                                        Game.DisplaySubtitle("~b~You:~s~ G'day sir, can you tell me exactly what happened today.", 3500);
                                GameFiber.Wait(2500);
                                Game.DisplaySubtitle("~g~Victim:~s~ Not much officer, I was heading to my mates place for a beer and shit, and all of a sudden BOOM! I get rammed from this fugitive                                  asshole, as he continues to ram my side.", 8500);
                                GameFiber.Wait(7500);
                                Game.DisplaySubtitle("~b~You:~s~ Okay sir, thank you for the information, have you been injured in any way?", 4000);
                                GameFiber.Wait(3000);
                                Game.DisplaySubtitle("~g~Victim:~s~ No officer, the ambo over there checked me and him out, I've got no injuries but the other guy has a sprained wrist, serves him right in my opinion.", 7000);
                                GameFiber.Wait(6000);
                                Game.DisplaySubtitle("~b~You:~s~ All good sir, just wait here while I talk to the ~r~suspect~s~ please.", 3500);
                                GameFiber.Wait(2500);

GameFiber.Yield();
                                if (Game.LocalPlayer.Character.Position.DistanceTo(SuspectPed) <= 5f)
                                        Game.DisplaySubtitle("~b~You:~s~ Howdy' sir, I'm gonna have a word with you about this accident.", 4500);
                                GameFiber.Wait(3500);
                                Game.DisplaySubtitle("~r~Suspect:~s~ Fuck off dumbass, I'm not saying one fucking word, I've done nothing wrong, he cut me off so I had all right to hit him, NOW FUCK OFF AND LEAVE ME ALONE!!", 9000);
                                GameFiber.Wait(8000);
                                Game.DisplayNotification("Arrest the ~r~suspect~s~");
                                isSpeechComplete = true;

Functions.IsPedArrested(SuspectPed);
                                {
                                    End();
                                }
                            }
                    }
                }
            }        <This is the bracket that's underlined in red saying the error
        }

public override void End()
        {
            base.End();
            if (Victimped.Exists()) Victimped.Dismiss();
            if (Victimvehicle.Exists()) Victimvehicle.Dismiss();
            if (SuspectBlip.Exists()) SuspectBlip.Delete();
            if (SuspectVehicle.Exists()) SuspectVehicle.Dismiss();
            if (SuspectPed.Exists()) SuspectPed.Dismiss();
            if (CopBlip.Exists()) CopBlip.Delete();
            if (PedBlip.Exists()) PedBlip.Delete();
            if (VehicleBlip.Exists()) VehicleBlip.Delete();
            if (CopPed.Exists()) CopPed.Dismiss();
            if (AmboPed.Exists()) AmboPed.Dismiss();
            CopPed.Tasks.EnterVehicle(CopVehicle, -1);
            AmboPed.Tasks.EnterVehicle(AmboVehicle, -1);
            CopPed.Tasks.CruiseWithVehicle(0f, VehicleDrivingFlags.Emergency);
            AmboPed.Tasks.CruiseWithVehicle(0f, VehicleDrivingFlags.Emergency);
            CopVehicle.IsSirenOn = false;
            AmboVehicle.IsSirenOn = false;
        }
    }
}

you are still creating a while loop that isn't needed and sleeping the fiber for your dialog class. Guess you don't take advice, have fun with a callout that is stacked up with bugs and crashes.