Lincoln6Echo

Please Help, All i want is it to work...

Hey guys, and girls. This is my first post and im new here. I have been dreaming about getting GTA 5 and getting this mod, lspdfr, and playing it for so very long. I just downloaded the game. Watched a youtube video about getting the mod to work. I screwed up somewhere and i dont know what to do. Im almost in tears because i have wanted to play LSPDFR for so long and its my fault it dossnt work. 

So i download GTA. I download LSPDFR. Then download RAGEHOOK. Then winRAR. I did everything in the video said to do. And i read step by step guide here on this site. And while im in the game how to do activate lspdfr? Im so confused and mad at myself. Please does anyone have any suggestions? 

All i want is to play this game i was so excited when i got my laptop, that i worked hard for, and couldnt wait to play this. Does anyone here on this wonderful forum have any ideas or suggestions? I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!!

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Lincoln6Echo said:

Im running windows 10. Ragehook isn't compatible with i guess

6 hours ago, Lincoln6Echo said:

When i launch RAGEHook it says "Insuficiant system resources exist to complete the requested service"

21 hours ago, Lincoln6Echo said:

Hey guys, and girls. This is my first post and im new here. I have been dreaming about getting GTA 5 and getting this mod, lspdfr, and playing it for so very long. I just downloaded the game. Watched a youtube video about getting the mod to work. I screwed up somewhere and i dont know what to do. Im almost in tears because i have wanted to play LSPDFR for so long and its my fault it dossnt work. 

So i download GTA. I download LSPDFR. Then download RAGEHOOK. Then winRAR. I did everything in the video said to do. And i read step by step guide here on this site. And while im in the game how to do activate lspdfr? Im so confused and mad at myself. Please does anyone have any suggestions? 

All i want is to play this game i was so excited when i got my laptop, that i worked hard for, and couldnt wait to play this. Does anyone here on this wonderful forum have any ideas or suggestions? I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!!

what version of GTA do you have? steam or retail DVD?

what is your laptop's spec? CPU, RAM, Graphic card?

Edited by Pazzi

I downloaded GTA ftrom Instant-Gaming.com and my pc is a Dell Inspiron i5 Nvidia GTX 1060 graphics card. Every time i extract the RAGE plugin to the GTA folder everything is fine, until i try to load it. Then that message appears. I spent most of the day back tracking going through everything and it all checks out. So i looked at the RAGE plugin and troubleshoot it, my computer is telling me the RAGE plugin is only compatible with windows 8.

By the way, thanks for trying to help....

17 hours ago, Lincoln6Echo said:

I downloaded GTA ftrom Instant-Gaming.com and my pc is a Dell Inspiron i5 Nvidia GTX 1060 graphics card. Every time i extract the RAGE plugin to the GTA folder everything is fine, until i try to load it. Then that message appears. I spent most of the day back tracking going through everything and it all checks out. So i looked at the RAGE plugin and troubleshoot it, my computer is telling me the RAGE plugin is only compatible with windows 8.

By the way, thanks for trying to help....

hi, were you able to load and play the GTA V itself? make sure to play for a couple of GTA V story.

The error message is related to OS problem, i guess. You my find the solution by googling "Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service"

I extracted it to the GTA folder and when i run it as administrator i still get this:

5adfcdb3564ec_2018-04-24(1).thumb.png.b5a381d17ef2bfce6682b103ccb48d87.png

I have been waiting years to play this lol. Past couple years I have been watching youtube videos of LSPDFR gameplay and i was so excited to finally get a laptop the first thing i wanted to do was play this. My laptop can handle the game no problem. I was playing story mode for a little bit and didnt experience any problems. And again i want to thank everyone for the advice. I cant wait to FINALLY be apart of the LSPDFR community.

You said you screwed up somewhere. So start from the beginning again after deleting everything. 

Posted (edited)

Make sure you have the latest version of Rage and not the one included with LSPDFR. You can get it  at http://ragepluginhook.net/Downloads.aspx

If that doesn't work, then try reinstalling the game. Before messing with Rage, LSPDFR or anything else, play it a little until you get a prompt to update the game. Update it to the latest version which should be build 1365. Then install the latest Rage from the link.

Edit: Almost forgot. When you install Rage, in it's setup click the Game Settings Tab and then Command Line Switches and put a checkmark in Force Windowed Mode. You may want to try this first before reinstalling anything. And make sure your GTA folder is where it was installed. You can not have two working GTA folders. You can have another that you rename to the original when you want to use it, but only the original installed location of GTA will work.

Edited by phantoms

If you chose the stock install location, it should look like this with RAGE inside the Grand Theft Auto V directory (for Steam version, it's something like steam/steamapps/common/Grand Theft Auto V/

Untitled.png

My computer will not run the RAGEHook program. That's what's stopping me right now

Ill try that phantoms. thank you

phantoms in your post your screenshot, i notice im missing some files you have that i dont. The 3 RAGE files above the RAGEPluginHook.exe and my RAGEPluginHook does not end with .exe

8 hours ago, Lincoln6Echo said:

phantoms in your post your screenshot, i notice im missing some files you have that i dont. The 3 RAGE files above the RAGEPluginHook.exe and my RAGEPluginHook does not end with .exe

The Rage Native UI files were installed after LSPDFR. I think it was needed for one of the essential mods or maybe a different one.

The exe and ini are not showing on yours because you need to turn off "Hide extensions for known file types" in File Explorer Options. In windows 10 you can find it easily by just searching "hidden". While you are there, I'd also check "Show hidden files, folder, and drives".

As for your problems, I'd start fresh. Uninstall GTA. Reinstall it, then play it and make sure to check the build number that displays on the lower right of the screen while it's booting up. If it's not the latest build, then update it so that you're starting with the latest build. Install LSPDFR exactly as it describes (pay attention) and then download the latest RAGEpluginhook from the link provided above and install it as described.

When you are finished you will have the RAGEPluginHook.exe installed inside the "C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto V" diredctory. Also in that directory you will have the "lspdfr" and "plugins" folders.  In the plugins folder you will have another lspdfr folder, but it will be all caps "LSPDFR". This is where most of your mods will go.

When you launch RAGE for the first time, under the Plugins tab you can check LSPDFR First Respone but leave any other plugins that might show there unchecked (you can launch them once in game). Under the Game settings tab scroll down and check Force Windowed Mode.  RAGE may ask you to unblock a file now and again, always unblock it when asked so that it will work.

9 hours ago, Lincoln6Echo said:

this is part of my folder

I think you need to troubleshoot your OS. Please find related issue answered: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-3209441/insufficient-system-resources-exist-complete-requested-service.html

You can run out of memory while still having free ram. The problem can be caused by drivers asking for virtual memory and not releasing it so that PC cannot go on.

This is usually caused by an old driver, Make sure to update everything

In the taskbar, choose the performance tab and then open resource monitor
open the memory tab in resource monitor and look at commits as this is the amount of page file being used by the process (Working set is the amount of ram being used)

you can also download Process explorer which is on op version of the task manager and can be used to figure out what process is using all the commits. This page explains what colors mean and some of the terms used

Default view is tree view, it shows what is controlling what, you can click the Process header to switch to alphabetical view but then you have to reclick it to see tree again. Tree handy for figuring out whats actually running a given process

i installed the radiance mod to make my els lights brighter & now lspdfr crahses when i go on duty. how do i fix this?

It's probably your antivirus software if you have one. I use Mcafee and turned off all the stuff like virus scan and firewall, etc. and bingo RPH works. You can also uninstall your antivirus software. I've heard this is a common solution and it worked for me so I hope it works for you too.

I FINALLY got it to work. For the past 2 years i have been watching videos on youtube of people playing LSPDFR and could not wait to get a computer that could run GTA 5. I finally could afford one and couldn't wait to start playing. And also join the LSPDFR community."Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service" kept popping up every time i tried to run RAGE. After hours and hours of back tracking and uninstalling and reinstalling and blah blah blah I finally found the fucking problem. I kept researching my problem on google and finally came up with a solution. I found a video on youtube that showed me that in order to run certain programs on your computer you need to turn off your antivirus software. So I tried this suggestion and OMFG ragehook was up and running and so was lspdfr.

So i just want to thank everyone who posted trying to help me solve my problem.