Lordani66

How do you make "mods" folder (OIV) work after update?

I have a simple question - how do you make the mods folder work for your GTA5 after the game updates? Is there even any way? Because I would always just get rid of it and install all the mods again. I could do this because I used to have not so many Open IV mods but recently I installed a whole bunch of them. Doing this every time I update the game would be tedious. So - is there any way to make it work after update?

When there's an update, openiv will give you a prompt to let them update "Update.rpf', no other folder needs to be updated to make your game work. So you just need to click yes when it asks, or copy and paste the new update.rpf from the normal folder to your mods folder.

The only thing affected in game updates is the update.rpf folder and they whatever dlc packs they add (which you can copy and paste into the mods folder yourself). So only mods that go to update.rpf have to be reinstalled. No need to delete the whole mods folder.

I updated the mods folder but none of my mods work. The game loads fine without any errors. It's like the mods aren't even installed, but they are. I'm very confused because I have never had this happen before. 

8 hours ago, Black Jesus said:

When there's an update, openiv will give you a prompt to let them update "Update.rpf', no other folder needs to be updated to make your game work. So you just need to click yes when it asks, or copy and paste the new update.rpf from the normal folder to your mods folder.

The only thing affected in game updates is the update.rpf folder and they whatever dlc packs they add (which you can copy and paste into the mods folder yourself). So only mods that go to update.rpf have to be reinstalled. No need to delete the whole mods folder.

How do I know which mods are installed into uprade.rpf. Some have installers so I dont know what files they add and where.

2 hours ago, Black Jesus said:

Change modname.oiv to modname.rar and you'll be able to open it and see where stuff goes.

Oh okay, thanks. So I guess it's the easiest to just install them from scratch for me LOL.