mr.chest

bicycle traffic stops?

Hi i seen a video somone did a traffic stop on a bicycle i did edit the flags and i see the red dot but when i press siren button u hear your bicycle bell and noting happands?

any help with that?
i dont know if this is in the right topic

thanks!

Edited by Lester Crest

cDWkl5Q.png

Your topic has been moved to LSPDFR Support & Information.
Please post in the correct location in the future.

2 hours ago, Lester Crest said:

Hi i seen a video somone did a traffic stop on a bicycle i did edit the flags and i see the red dot but when i press siren button u hear your bicycle bell and noting happands?

any help with that?
i dont know if this is in the right topic

thanks!

I haven't seen this video, or heard about the police bicycle being used for stops.  My best guess is that you need to add a new carvariations line for the police bicycle, and make sure it has sirensettings="1".  

9 hours ago, Deputy Rourke said:

I haven't seen this video, or heard about the police bicycle being used for stops.  My best guess is that you need to add a new carvariations line for the police bicycle, and make sure it has sirensettings="1".  

im really sure that its a thing. i did made a copy of police and edit the sirensettings to 1 But not working

13 hours ago, Lester Crest said:

im really sure that its a thing. i did made a copy of police and edit the sirensettings to 1 But not working

I'm not really sure what he did to make it work, and clearly he isn't interested in telling.  You said you edited the vehicle flags.  What did you edit?

Edited by Deputy Rourke

4 minutes ago, Deputy Rourke said:

I'm not really sure what he did to make it work, and clearly he isn't interested in telling.  You said you edited the vehicle flags.  What did you edit?

i did try everyting i dont know anymore what but. idk anyway thx for responde ;)

14 minutes ago, Lester Crest said:

i did try everyting i dont know anymore what but. idk anyway thx for responde ;)

Did you add these flags?

FLAG_LAW_ENFORCEMENT

FLAG_EMERGENCY SERVICE

10 minutes ago, Lester Crest said:

Yes. i see the red dot. but i dont have the siren to pull them over.

In the vehicles.meta pertaining to this bike, look for this line

<audioNameHash>

What is between the audioNameHash brackets?

4 minutes ago, Lester Crest said:

there is no <audioNameHash> in the whole vehicles.meta. lol

So you're saying when you honk the horn/ring the bell on the bike, there is no noise at all?  If no, that explains it.

In the meta for the bike, look at where I've highlited.

3Cc5Q_6jSSaEHAbmm5wBBw.png

If that line is not there, you need to manually add it exactly where you see it in the screenshot.  Instead of "police2", rename it to "police".  The only issue here, I've never messed with the meta for a bicycle.  Changing the audio for it may make it sound like a car in terms of engine revs, I'm not sure.

3 minutes ago, Lester Crest said:

i did add line game crashes on loadup. 

Did you type out the line exactly as it looks?  The NameHash in both tags need capitalized.

yes>

Screenshot_7.jpg

You made one slight mistake

Yours:  /<audioNameHash>

It should be </audioNameHash>

5 minutes ago, Lester Crest said:

doesnt do anything. no crash tho. when i press shift u see red icon but when i press horn then doesnt stop. no siren :o

Unfortunately, I'm not sure.  I have never messed with the bicycles, or tried to use them for patrols.  I know he did it in his video, and it looks cool, but it's honestly not legit at all.  Cops wouldn't do that in real life.

If you're that adamant on doing it, you'll have to wait for someone else, unfortunately.  I don't know what he did to make it work.

Edited by Deputy Rourke

3 minutes ago, Deputy Rourke said:

Unfortunately, I'm not sure.  I have never messed with the bicycles, or tried to use them for patrols.  I know he did it in his video, and it looks cool, but it's honestly not legit at all.  Cops wouldn't do that in real life.

If you're that adamant on doing it, you'll have to wait for someone else, unfortunately.  I don't know what is missing.

thanks anyway. that first30min guy feels badass so he aint going to responde to me

thanks anyway. that first30min guy feels badass so he aint going to responde to me

Youtubers like him generally don't, nor do they have the courtesy to explain how they did it.

6 minutes ago, Deputy Rourke said:

Youtubers like him generally don't, nor do they have the courtesy to explain how they did it.

i think it works now i put police.xml named scocher in els haha i have lights so i think i can stop them now

And the siren is the front light of the bike so its cool looking too

6 minutes ago, Lester Crest said:

i think it works now i put police.xml named scocher in els haha i have lights so i think i can stop them now

And the siren is the front light of the bike so its cool looking too

I didn't even think about ELS because it was a bicycle.  My bad.

Glad you got it.

Edited by Deputy Rourke

2 minutes ago, Lester Crest said:

sirens work but they dont stop for me or go out of my way i just doing some stuff hoping getting it to work.

In the ELS settings, make sure "ELSTrafCTRL" is set to false, if it wasn't already.