numlockman1

LA Jurisdiction Question compared with Los Santos

If someone would be kind enough to answer, I have a question about jurisdiction within LA, & to compare that to Los Santos. I like to keep things as realistic as possible in LSPDFR, but one thing that always has me a little jibbery is when I start a pursuit on one end of LS, & finish it on the other. Which raises the question of how realistic that can be.

So to compare that to a real world scenario, say a pursuit started in South LA, stayed within the City of LA, & finished in North Hollywood, would the officers that originally pulled the vehicle over in South LA be able to stay with the pursuit through that distance?
Or if I wanted to be realistic, should I bug out of the pursuit after going how ever far away from where I normally patrol, south of the Los Santos City.

It all depends on multiple factors like dispatch, the calling air unit, or the suspect's wants. Typically, LAPD stays with their pursuits no matter where it goes, with occasionally handing it off to CHP if it remains on highways. And this really goes for all LA county law enforcement departments.

For ingame purposes, I would suggest for you to randomly decide when to stay in pursuit or back off.

Edited by OJdoesIt

4 hours ago, The Knight said:

rde map of the jurisdictions

-snip-

That's RDE. That's not what he's asking.

There really isn't a realistic way to do it as the map size is too small for any real jurisdiction aside from the LSPD/LSSD zones. I've seen pursuits with LAPD that start in East LA and go all the way to PCH.

76561198097811776.png

"This represents imminent danger, for sure."

8 hours ago, OJdoesIt said:

It all depends on multiple factors like dispatch, the calling air unit, or the suspect's wants. Typically, LAPD stays with their pursuits no matter where it goes, with occasionally handing it off to CHP if it remains on highways. And this really goes for all LA county law enforcement departments.

For ingame purposes, I would suggest for you to randomly decide when to stay in pursuit or back off.

4 hours ago, Lundy said:

That's RDE. That's not what he's asking.

There really isn't a realistic way to do it as the map size is too small for any real jurisdiction aside from the LSPD/LSSD zones. I've seen pursuits with LAPD that start in East LA and go all the way to PCH.

Thanks so much, sounds like I can extend my range a bit when I'm in a long pursuit.

Like stated above, its all about what there chasing for and the Departmental policy. I live in phoenix and there was a chase a few years back started by CHP that ended in Chandler, AZ and there were 1/2 CHP units that followed them the entire way because it was their chase.