Alpha55

Unable to install 0.95

Hi,

I've just downloaded LCPD:FR 0.95 and tried to install but my Anti-virus stopped the installation and brung up a detection, So I uploaded it to VirusTotal and found 2 detections.

https://www.virustotal.com/file/518c0dac1f98d633a8278b041c0de1c576abc0ad6b8fa63432ca768773cd04d2/analysis/1336188009/

Now, i'm not saying that it's actually infected as it's most likely a FP but as i've had some trouble with viruses in the past, I like to be sure and just like to know why it would be detecting these?

Again, i'm not saying it's infected but given my past with viruses, I really like to be sure on anything and everything, even if it's from well known makers which includes Microsoft and Apple.

Thanks

There are 29,678 members here at LCPDFR.com, as well as many others using LCPDFR who aren't members of the site. I'm sure if there was a virus, a high percentage of people here would have reported it to the dev team along time ago. I haven't seen a single report of this mod being a virus before.

Now, I'm not guaranteeing anything, but as long as you download through LCPDFR.com I seriously doubt that they are anything but FP's.

I know for a fact that the developers would NEVER plant a virus inside First Response. Unless the site got hacked and the download got infected (highly doubt it), it is definitely a FP.

Yeah, as I said, they are most likely FP's. As i'm sure out of the 53k downloaders, at least 1 would of mentioned it before.

Anyways, I decided to go for the 0.91 one since it's the stab;e version. And on a side note, didn't have no detections :P

chances are your virus detection program is shite

I'd rather have a extra cautious AV, than one that lets even the most obvious virus through.

i've used norton at one point....CAUGHT EVERY THING.....even programs right from microsoft, even a bought copy of a disc it flagged, that's not over cautious thats fucking annoying

Anyways, I decided to go for the 0.91 one since it's the stab;e version. And on a side note, didn't have no detections :P

Since you have decided to go with a previous version, I will now close this topic for you, if you need the thread re-opened, please send me a PM.

Nothing to see here!

This topic has been closed by G17 Media staff.

If you feel that this topic has been closed in error, please report this post.