Sign in to follow this  
v0rh33z

how to properly uninstall LCPDFR 0.95 ?

hello

i have just ruined my GTAIV by installing lcpdfr 0.95 , (i can't load the game saves anymore and gtaIV will crash) even after deleting LCPDFR files from /scripts/ , dsound.dll and other files as it is suggested in other forum posts i found here, so that's why this 'unnecessary' forum post could have been avoided if you guys could provide an UNINSTALLER that properly removes all the installed files and restores the original files and/or other content LCPDFR installer has modified/replaced... this is a simple part of quality standards an enduser aimed application/installer must have.

As an enduser i got attracted by the great featured content LCPDFR has, so, i have clicked 'downloads' page and since that page does not even contain any warning information that LCPDFR is only intended to be installed on v1.0.0.7 GTAIV unmodded/stock version , so i have hit the "download' button and completed the installation process and then found my game ruined , later, in search for a possible fix and solution, chicken! i have found out that information on this forum page in the "support" section after all the bad that was already done to my gta installation: http://www.lcpdfr.co...ead-this-first/

you guys have failed to inform the enduser with that crucial infromation since the early stages of installation and now you must assume it and deal with this ridiculous forum post and provide support to help restoring back enduser level content this installer has modified. In order to avoid this, i highly recommend to include a warning message about LCPD compatibility on the very first dialog box in the installer before endusers like me proceeds further , ruins their game and comes in here polluting the support forum with such requests, i think it's a simple communication strategy thing that will improve the quality standards of your mod for the benefit for all.

therefore im kindly asking you to provide a full log of ALL files "MergedInstaller.exe" (095RC2R2) inastalls / replaces and/or modifies so i can manually remove all those files and fix the game back to its working state as it was before installing LCPDFR ...

thank you very much in advance and all the best

ps: the link for "LCPDFR keys" on the installer is a "502 Bad gateway" http://hub.lcpdfr.com/lcpdfr/wiki/keys , hope that helps.

Edited by v0rh33z

Hum, not saying your right or wrong about your opinion... however, I always felt it was the user responsibility to backup their files, regardless of what warnings may or may not be there. Especially aftermarket add-ons not officially supported by R*. I feel you... however unable to relate.

Did you save while on-duty? If so, you need to delete that save file. You can't save while your player model is not Niko. At this point, uninstalling LCPDFR wouldn't help (you *did* actually remove all the files).

Did you 1) save while not using a niko skin? or 2) park a modded car in your safe house

By the way, just because it fails once, doesn't mean "It's shit!" I say that in quotes as that what It appears you are trying to get at. you could ask for assistance and or ask for help and we'll get to the bottom of your crash issue

And a 502 error is not the fault of the site, it is your path way to get to the site, it happens

Now....we can continue support for you and get to the bottom of your problem, or you can give up and claim what you want about it. Your game is not permanently ruined

If you wish to continue support please download and run and post a diagnostic log here. And we will do everything and anything to get your game running properly with LCPDFR

99% of the issues I see are User error

and by the way....you could reinstall or "repair" your gtaiv game, if you want it back to stock and running order.....all is not lost there fore.....NOT IRREPARABLE DAMAGE

Edited by Asuna

ok, i think i have managed to restore my game as it was working before, phew!

i used this method: i have installed LCPDFR with MergedInstaller.exe to a dummy / empty directory and this way i could see what files were installed , then manually removed those files from the game's directory, now it seems to be loading properly as before

i'm running here GTA IV v1.0.0.4 with iCEnhancer v2, liveless and scripthook 0.4.0 , i have spent several days to mod it with cars and custom textures, that in order to take advantage of the N680GTX that is hungry for high resolution 3D content i got lately :smile: and after some tremendous tweaking i manage to obtain just awesome graphics results and performance as never seen before. the N680GTX is just eating stock GTAIV with all settings set to max and is really asking for more. Really a shame i can't use LCPDFR for this.. but meh, i might give it another try later.

Edited by v0rh33z

i'm running here GTA IV v1.0.0.4 with iCEnhancer v2, liveless and scripthook 0.4.0 , i have spent several days to mod it with cars and custom textures, that in order to take advantage of the N680GTX that is hungry for high resolution 3D content i got lately :smile: and after some tremendous tweaking i manage to obtain just awesome graphics results and performance as never seen before. the N680GTX is just eating stock GTAIV with all settings set to max and is really asking for more. Really a shame i can't use LCPDFR for this.. but meh, i might give it another try later.

I know what you mean, as I've been in the same position as you are in before! After installing GTA IV patch 1.0.4.0, you don't ever want to go to any other patch ever again. This version simply has the best performance, stability/reliability, and visuals/graphics out of all the patches. I'm using a GTX 580 and can get 80+ FPS at stock and ~40 with iCEnhancer 2.0. I really do hope that G17 Media will make LCPD:FR compatible with this version, and the staff has said before that, with enough demand, this may be a reality. So we'll just have to wait and see! :wink: By the way, only LCPD:FR 0.95 Beta 1 works relatively well with patch 1.0.4.0 (see for more information), but that version is no longer available.

Edited by Raggio

delete any file that you have while on duty

The OP said his problem is solved, so I don't see the relevence of your post? I think we can end this topic here.

ok, i think i have managed to restore my game as it was working before, phew!