Sign in to follow this  
ZombLee

Modding Player Models (Not a support Topic)

Hey guys...

So here's the situation. In the vanilla install of LCPDFR the player model MY_Traffic Cop White has a head which I like because it's a basic, average looking white guy. However, the uniform he is using is well, as the file says, a traffic cops. I want to use that head model on the basic LCPD uniforms, which happens to be black (not the baby blue that traffic cops apparently use)

I installed a uniform mod that used nice black uniforms, but unfortunately it got rid of the white head completely, and replaced it with a scary ex-military possible skin head looking guy.....0.o

Is there any way that I could keep the head model from the MY_Traffic Cop White and use it with a basic black LCPD uniform, while maintaining some semblance of fitness? (As the only other white cop in a black uniform looks as though he could be close to 300Lbs, lol )

Thanks in advance!

Well, I don't think it should go into the support forum, because it's not really a question pertaining to how to play LCPDFR, or issues with the game. I could be wrong though...

Yes, exactly. The White cop head belongs to the traffic cop body model, which is in a light blue uniform, that just looks ridiculous. I would like to take that model's head and use a body model from a regular LCPD officer which is in a black uniform.

And I have absolutely no idea on how to approach that. Thanks for the help, btw.

Not related to LCPDFR, moving to GTA IV > discussion.

Whoops! Sorry, Nicolai... I figured I probably put this thing in the wrong spot....*cough* story of my life *cough*

i have the problem that, i installed LCPDFR 0.95 i cant go to a police station or i cant even see the logo on the police stations. why? i can arrest people and get them in the car and try to find a police station but i cant? i get calls from crimes and stuff but im not a police man just nicko bellic`? what happning?

I can do it later today (if i have time)

That would be amazing, Officer! Thank you very much.

i have the problem that, i installed LCPDFR 0.95 i cant go to a police station or i cant even see the logo on the police stations. why? i can arrest people and get them in the car and try to find a police station but i cant? i get calls from crimes and stuff but im not a police man just nicko bellic`? what happning?

Phillip, I'm not 100% sure of what could be causing that. Try the debug tool. It's been posted in the LCPDFR support forum. I'd check that. I haven't used it before but I've heard it helps solve lots of issues. Good luck, and I'm sorry I don't have any better suggestions.

Sorry for the double post but I'm pulling my f***ing hair out!

Is it possible to take the white head from the my_traffic cop_white and place his head texture onto the regular uniform that my_cop_latin uses?

I've spent 5 hours now going back and forth from spark IV and GTAIV, and I can get the white head texture onto the body, but the lines don't match up at all.

PLEASE SOMEONE PLEASE freakin' throw me a bone here and offer a hint or a clue. Countless searches on google haven't helped at all either.

You can't just use the texture. However, you can still put the head on:

Edited by cp702

OMG, thank you for the post, cp702!

It's so complicated though...dear God....I'm reading and reading...not understanding much, but that's me and not your tutorial. Thank you.

EDIT: I'm afraid I still don't get it. I'm drawing a huge blank.

Would I export the my-traffic cop white wtd and then open my cop....fuuuu...

I'm sorry. I'll keep reading. And for the record. I HATE modding.

Edited by Hero540

You want a traffic cop Hispanic head on the default cop? Or do you want it on Custo's cop (with a vest)?

You want a traffic cop Hispanic head on the default cop? Or do you want it on Custo's cop (with a vest)?

basically from the vanilla version of LCPDFR, I want the white traffic cop's head (The one with the green eyes and brown hair and goatee) on the body of a regular cop (black uniform)

The vanilla version's traffic cop to me looks kinda funny with their baby blue uniform and white hats. However, the head is average looking, and the voice associated with it isn't ridiculously stupid (lots of cussing, but meh...)

Anyways, I hope that makes sense. If there's a way to take a screenshot in game, please let me know and I'll take a picture of the head I would like switched to a standard LCPD uniform.

EDIT: Here we go: http://i293.photobuc.../TrafficCop.jpg <<< I want that head on the standard LCPD patrol officer (the ones in a black uniform.

Edited by Hero540