Andrew Lincoln

Controller Compatability

Hello all,

I'm not about to say what your presuming, I know how to hook up a controller and play (and just to mention, I didn't see this as a thing I needed support on, hence the general discussion). I use a PS4 controller, so I have to use software called DS4Windows to make it work on PC. However, when using this I notice the that my controller has a dimmer response than keyboard. What I mean is that the keyboard has a lot more power in the acceleration of a car than a controller. Is it like this with an Xbox controller as well, or is it just me. I also am unable to shoot with the controller (well, I can but have to smash the s**t out of it). Of course this could just be my controller personally but when on the PS4, it works perfectly. So if anyone else uses a controller and has or had this, whats with it and how to change it? Now it does sound like I want support...

I spend my working life pretending to be someone else...

3 hours ago, Andrew Lincoln said:

Hello all,

I'm not about to say what your presuming, I know how to hook up a controller and play (and just to mention, I didn't see this as a thing I needed support on, hence the general discussion). I use a PS4 controller, so I have to use software called DS4Windows to make it work on PC. However, when using this I notice the that my controller has a dimmer response than keyboard. What I mean is that the keyboard has a lot more power in the acceleration of a car than a controller. Is it like this with an Xbox controller as well, or is it just me. I also am unable to shoot with the controller (well, I can but have to smash the s**t out of it). Of course this could just be my controller personally but when on the PS4, it works perfectly. So if anyone else uses a controller and has or had this, whats with it and how to change it? Now it does sound like I want support...

Likely the result of the software you're using having a poor response to the mapping of the triggers, a lot of people tend to use xpadder so you could try that and see if the results are the same.

Alternatively you could try seeing if there is an option to remap the sensitivity of the triggers. I'm not sure if this is possible though, I'm a keyboard kind of guy.

Also I think this is better suited in Computers, Technology & Gaming, so I've moved the thread for you.

GTA V Mods: [WIP] More Control V [WIP] CalloutsV [WIP] LSPDFR Chroma
GTA IV Mods: [REL] Callouts+