Sign in to follow this  
deliberent

Can you change skins in game?

2 questions.

1) What are 'liveries'? I've been doing the +livery thing on every vehicle i download in which it says it needs it. But i've never understood what that is doing.

2) And more importantly, is there a way to change car skins in-game? When i'm selecting my cruiser at the start of LCPDFR, i continuously switch back and forth to the same cruiser to try and get it to change to a skin that i want (for those that have more than 1). Is there a way i can change it in-game? I have SNT but have never seen anything to change skins.

+livery adds the function of having interchangeable liveries, they are usually called police_sign_1, police_sign_2, police_sign_3, and police_sign_4 in the wtd file.

Livery and skins are the same thing, some models are enabled to have more than one livery for a car, they are spawned randomly unless you're using the Area Livery Mod by Sam.

If you open the wtd file using OpenIV or SparkIV, and find the different "police_sign" files you'll hopefully understand what I am talking about, I might not have explained myself perfectly though.

Oh, okay. So the +livery basically allows the vehicle to appear in-game with more than 1 skin. Got it! :)

Is there a way i can change it manually? I've seen in some of bxbugs screenshots he has green text on his screen that allows him to change manually. I don't want to set it to certain areas like the Area Livery mod though, just want to be able to change skins when i'm going around.

livery is a fancy way of saying paint job. some cars in game have different paint options, its like having 1 car thats 4 cars.

you can change it in game using SNT, under car options, theres an option under there (4 colums of text total) i think it's under the second menu ( use num 6 to get to the second set of options) Set car livery and you can change it from there

Nothing to see here!

This topic has been closed by G17 Media staff.

If you feel that this topic has been closed in error, please report this post.