yttis97

How do i enable the radio in a police car?

hi

Can somebody help me? '

i want to listen to the radio in a police car, but but it doesent seem to work.

Which radio, the radio that you get in every other car, or the police radio? I can help you out further if you can explain which one you're talking about.

Edited by EricJ

Which radio, the radio that you get in every other car, or the police radio? I can help you out further if you can explain which one you're talking about.

its the radio you get in every other car.

its the radio you get in every other car.

You can't enable the radio from every other car in a police car. The police radio is for the police car. Even in real life, you have the police radio.

You can't enable the radio from every other car in a police car. The police radio is for the police car. Even in real life, you have the police radio.

Then why can my friend listen to it in a a police car?

In multiplayer, the radio works in Emergency Vehicles.

It makes sense that it works in multiplayer because the user interface is different.

Actually there IS a way eric, and in RL you can have an AM/FM turned on in your patrol car, but at low level... here's what you do, go to your gta install location default is c:/program files(x86)/rockstar games/ gta iv (OR EFLC if installed)/ common/data if you have the STEAM version c:/program files(x86)/steam/steamapps/common/GTAiv (i think) /common/data

find vehicles.ide, open in notepad, find the police cars you wish to enable the radio in and see a line like so

police, police, car, POLICE, POLICE, VEH@STD, VEH@STD_RI1, 100, 999, 0.2345, 0.2345, 0.2, 2, 1.0 ,1, ext_requi+ext_strong+livery

Change the red word to TAXI or something else, AM/FM radio is now active for that police car. you might have to save it non your desktop first then drag and drop into that folder. you also might wanna back up the orginal just in case

Edited by Asuna

Or you could use the option "EnableMobileRadio" with Simple Native Trainer. However, that will play the radio even on foot.

Actually there IS a way eric, and in RL you can have an AM/FM turned on in your patrol car, but at low level... here's what you do, go to your gta install location default is c:/program files(x86)/rockstar games/ gta iv (OR EFLC if installed)/ common/data if you have the STEAM version c:/program files(x86)/steam/steamapps/common/GTAiv (i think) /common/data

find vehicles.ide, open in notepad, find the police cars you wish to enable the radio in and see a line like so

police, police, car, POLICE, POLICE, VEH@STD, VEH@STD_RI1, 100, 999, 0.2345, 0.2345, 0.2, 2, 1.0 ,1, ext_requi+ext_strong+livery

Change the red word to TAXI or something else, AM/FM radio is now active for that police car. you might have to save it non your desktop first then drag and drop into that folder. you also might wanna back up the orginal just in case

Ok i failed hard on this... I changed it and backup the file, but it changed to notepad file (the backup one too) and i dont know how to fix that... can you help me with that please? or send me somehow vehicles.ide file?

Ok i failed hard on this... I changed it and backup the file, but it changed to notepad file (the backup one too) and i dont know how to fix that... can you help me with that please? or send me somehow vehicles.ide file?

you can do it of two ways, 1) rename the file manually to vehicles.ide, or 2), save as, change the .txt in the drop down box where it says SAVE AS TYPE: .txt Text document to all files and type vehicles.ide

and for future reference, my signature clearly states, do not PM me to look at your topics or support

you can do it of two ways, 1) rename the file manually to vehicles.ide, or 2), save as, change the .txt in the drop down box where it says SAVE AS TYPE: .txt Text document to all files and type vehicles.ide

and for future reference, my signature clearly states, do not PM me to look at your topics or support

Oh lol.. im soo sorry didnt noticed that in your signature....(blind lol) but its still doesnt works... when im ingame my police cars are WHITE... thats because the vehicles.ide is in notepad.... when i rename it to vehicles.ide its STILL notepad file and it doesnt work :/ really dont know what to do with this.... i was finding the vehicles.ide file on the net but i found nothing.

sounds to me like you might have messed up the carcols or the liverys....but see where it says .txt and all files? select all files when save as'ing your vehicles.ide and it should already have the name

allfiles2.jpg

Edited by Asuna

sounds to me like you might have messed up the carcols or the liverys....but see where it says .txt and all files? select all files when save as'ing your vehicles.ide and it should already have the name

Ok thanks. It works perfectly now. +1

oh. wait... it works only on the default police cars... not for cvpi, charger, etc... I did exactly what you told me to do but my police cars still looks like this:

Lemme guess...those are ADDED extras yes?

Ok i just fixed it... i noticed i have 2 vehicles.ide files in common/data ... dunno why lol.... and in the second one there was TAXI instead of police....

after removing the second one, everything works right?

Yeh! Everything is OK now. Finally. =)

i noticed, but i laid it out in a shorter way, still people used it, and I also corrected Eric who said you can't

Edited by Asuna