Attach boat to trailer?

There's no way for players to attach a boat to the boat trailer. But is there a way to do it from a script? I looked through the natives and didn't really see anything promising. There must be some way because boats on trailers spawn in traffic. 

[REL] Coastal Callouts: An action-packed mod with new vehicles, maps, capabilities, and callouts in and around the waters of Los Santos

[REL] Police Tape: Make your scenes more realistic while stopping peds and traffic

[REL] Better EMS: Realistic and dynamic EMS response

Join the Parks Benefactor Program to support my work and get early beta access!

2 minutes ago, khorio said:

<flags>FLAG_SPAWN_BOAT_ON_TRAILER FLAG_EXTRAS_REQUIRE FLAG_EXTRAS_STRONG FLAG_PEDS_CAN_STAND_ON_TOP FLAG_GEN_NAVMESH FLAG_DONT_SPAWN_AS_AMBIENT FLAG_BLOCK_FROM_ATTRACTOR_SCENARIO</flags>

1 hour ago, Maurice97 said:

i think it is possible i seen it somewhere i think with the vehicles.meta

It seems like there's ways to affect which vehicles spawn with boat trailers and what boats spawn on trailers, but no way to force a boat on a trailer to spawn. 

I'm currently figuring out a way to do it using AttachTo. What I've got working is attaching a boat to a trailer, and then a while() loop that waits until the boat.IsInWater. It's not as smooth as the built-in behavior in the game, but it seems there may not be a way to get that behavior from a boat spawned by a script. 

[REL] Coastal Callouts: An action-packed mod with new vehicles, maps, capabilities, and callouts in and around the waters of Los Santos

[REL] Police Tape: Make your scenes more realistic while stopping peds and traffic

1 hour ago, khorio said:

Going on that, is there a way to add collision to objects that have been attached?

That's a good question. I haven't figured that out yet. Let me know if you do!

2 hours ago, khorio said:

Going on that, is there a way to add collision to objects that have been attached?

In the natives, ATTACH_ENTITY_TO_ENTITY has a collisions bool. The notes on nativedb say that affects whether the attached entity collides with the entity it's attached to. I'm not sure if that would affect collisions with other objects. Will have to investigate further. 

• 5 years later...
On 6/5/2016 at 2:10 PM, PNWParksFan said:

There's no way for players to attach a boat to the boat trailer. But is there a way to do it from a script? I looked through the natives and didn't really see anything promising. There must be some way because boats on trailers spawn in traffic. 

Menyoo can do it, Attach the boat to the trailer and set it how you want, it will stay there till' you detach it

Leon Foxx Youtube