Space.

Rediculously Low FPS During Pursuits

So from what I've experienced this only happens during pursuits, I don't have any pursuit plugins (IE: SaferChases) installed, but when engaging a pursuit inside of Los Santos or in the middle of no where, my FPS immediately drops to below 30 (Roughly 25 FPS) when I usually get 40-60 FPS (Give or take a few). I thought it was SaferChases so I uninstalled that, but nope, nothing different. I turned down the majority of my video settings (VSync, Shadows, Post FX, anything that really affects FPS) yet it still happens. This is pretty much making LSPDFR unplayable since the large majority of callouts/events that occur usually end up in pursuits.. I've been battling this for many weeks or even months now, and I've finally ran into a wall as to what else it could be or what I could do. I have no idea whether this is the mod itself, or my PC or what.

Thank you in advance to anybody that could assist me with this, it's started annoying me so much I've resorted to returning to GTA 4 and playing LCPDFR.. (Even though that's not much better FPS itself.. damn you GTA 4 with your unoptimization!)

My System Specs (Excuse me if I forgot something, I'm not amazing regarding all this fancy PC stuff haha) are as followed:

AMD FX(tm)-4300 Quad-Core Processor 3.80 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960

Edited by Space23432

13 minutes ago, Space23432 said:

AMD FX(tm)-4300 Quad-Core Processor 3.80 GHz

Yeahhh....
Check your CPU Usage, last time I checked, that thing is way underpowered.

Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg.0f9745931d72712d1eea69596ea975fd.jpg

Class 317 pictured at Stratford in 1998, bound for Ilford EMU Depot in Ex-Network South East livery.

I live in the UK. This means I will respond the most from 3-11pm BST/GMT. Do not contact for support here or through Discord.
Discord: generic train man#7633 --------------- Youtube: The Starmix

But still, any other time, even if I spam the backup buttons, I can still get ATLEAST 30 FPS.. yet pursuits just break my FPS entirely?

Again, run the game in windowed and see the CPU Usage in task manager when you are in a pursuit.

Class 317 pictured at Stratford in 1998, bound for Ilford EMU Depot in Ex-Network South East livery.

I live in the UK. This means I will respond the most from 3-11pm BST/GMT. Do not contact for support here or through Discord.

Ok will do, but how come this didn't happen before? When I first got GTA V and installed LSPDFR and all my cars and scripts etc I had perfect FPS during pursuits?

Updates block mods. Updates over time will make mods function slower.
Good example of this is this:
v323: 595.1741 ms.
v350: 574.2165 ms. (3.5213% faster than v323)
v372: 715.1516 ms. (24.544% slower than v350, 20.1584% slower than v323)
v393: 2,629.0477 ms. (267.6210% slower than v372, 341.7275% slower than v323)

Of course, they aren't that bad at the moment, but over time things do get worse.
Another suggestion to increase performance would be to disable the Shader Cache in NVIDIA Control Panel.

I have noticed the similiar issue however only in the city is where mine occurs and with normal traffic also. Have tried several things but no change. Running latest everything. Nvidia did a update and I'm wondering if that is what is causing the problem. Let me know if you have any success. Mine is a fresh install on a new drive. I don't recall it having the fps drops or millisecond pause while traffic flows before the Nvidia update and adding some mods in. Liveable but the other machine is running a older copy of the game and lspdfr with no issues. 

15 hours ago, Starmix said:

Updates block mods. Updates over time will make mods function slower.
Good example of this is this:
v323: 595.1741 ms.
v350: 574.2165 ms. (3.5213% faster than v323)
v372: 715.1516 ms. (24.544% slower than v350, 20.1584% slower than v323)
v393: 2,629.0477 ms. (267.6210% slower than v372, 341.7275% slower than v323)

Of course, they aren't that bad at the moment, but over time things do get worse.
Another suggestion to increase performance would be to disable the Shader Cache in NVIDIA Control Panel.

What I was thinking and or a Nvidia patch that came out past week.

11 hours ago, Azteco said:

I have noticed the similiar issue however only in the city is where mine occurs and with normal traffic also. Have tried several things but no change. Running latest everything. Nvidia did a update and I'm wondering if that is what is causing the problem. Let me know if you have any success. Mine is a fresh install on a new drive. I don't recall it having the fps drops or millisecond pause while traffic flows before the Nvidia update and adding some mods in. Liveable but the other machine is running a older copy of the game and lspdfr with no issues. 

What I was thinking and or a Nvidia patch that came out past week.

Yeah I mean I get a very noticeable FPS drop in the city (below 30) but when outside of the city I'm still only getting max 30/35fps, and when you're used to 50/60, it's definitely noticeable.. regarding the NVIDIA update, I think that's very possible since it just randomly started happening, but it couldn't of been too recently since I've had this happening for about a month or two now.

EDIT: Not 100% sure, but I do remember that before the LSPDFR 0.3.1 update I had perfect frames during pursuits, is it possible that something in this patch/update did something to pursuits? I'm aware that they added a lot more pursuit tactics etc in the 0.3 update, but I'm talking about 0.3.1

Edited by Space23432

I recall the last few updates since 0.3 released (gta v updates) they put more anti mod measures in place. If Nvidia updates since January are not to blame then I would suspect either gta v updates as mentioned before slowly increasing the issue with anti mod stuff or something plugin in nature that is buggy. I had very high fps and noticed in 0.3 the issue started after gta did it's update right after 0.3 came out. I noticed both in 0.3 and 0.3.1 the frame rate dropped within the city after mods were added and my luck Nvidia did updates right after I started modding things. My one pc basically same specs as I have on the 0.3.1 game has no issues however it is a solid state drive rather then a 2tb hdd that is not solid state. I had considered it may have been because this one isn't a ssd. Still looking into it but I think the updates rockstar did with more anti mod measures in place for the jokers who go online with mods may be a culprit and the fps drops are more heavy when more mods are installed plugins etc. A few asi mod items I noticed aren't updated many use and I'm wondering if those have amy play in it. I know for sure though just lspdfr and gta v itself I did not recall any stuttering or fps drop to stutters in the city both on 0.3 and 0.3.1 until I added plugins and mods. This fact after thinking makes me think the anti mod measures in gta v updates get effected more when plugins and such are added. I don't know though. Some think it's a rage native thing others think it is some newer plugins maybe causing it. It's hard to say until more input or chime in if they also have the issue in the game totally or just the city. Currently I am running these plugins, (in the proper locations with latest required files),

Copholster, Emergency strobes, eup clothing, gta comes alive, lspdfr, more control v, ped search, police station armory, spotlight, traffic control, unarmed arrests, vehicle search.

Then the following lspdfr plugins,

Agency callouts, arrest manager, arrest warrants callout, baitcar, callouts v, code 3 callouts, code red callouts, conchs callouts, crazy callouts, federal callouts, hero cop, high priority, law callouts, lspdfr khallouts, more callouts, panic button, passive radar, peterucallouts, police radio, repeat offender, safer chases, secondary callouts, simple callouts, traffic policer, wilderness callouts, yet another partner mod.

Removed and noticed less stutter in the city but still slightly exists,

Cleartheway, auto blinkers, keep calm, realistic alpr. 

I do notice since everything with rage and script updated things tend to crash sometimes but I just reload and force duty. Lspdfr also started to crash sometimes after I put mods in but I was thinking the plugins that hadn't been updated since rph 37 or 36 could be culprit or the anti mod measures rockstar did. Lspdfr and gta v itself stand alone ran fine I noticed on 0.3.1.

Running retail in case you wondered but the crash plugins is a rare thing time to time 

I went ahead and removed gta comes alive and pedsearch and noticed better fps in the city and stuttering pretty much gone for the most part. Ill continue to play around. If this is the cause then as mentioned above the gta v rockstar update patches with more anti mod measures would be the culprit I am guessing.

It's strange, though. My friend has pretty much the EXACT same PC as me, running all very high settings, with 40+ FPS at all times, pursuits or not, and I'm not running very high on ANY of my video settings, and we're both using the same mods etc.. This is honestly very strange..

I'm going to try to remove AutoPursuitBackupDisabler, ClearTheWay, GTAComesAlive and see if it helps.

PS. I found that disabling ShadowPlay helped a ton, also if using Razor Cortex Booster I found it's only effective outside of the city, or it will drop FPS by atleast 5-10 frames

Edited by Space23432

Are you both running the same mods, such as plugins and scripts and asi tye files? Did he update Nvidia also and running same version? As mentioned before is there any programs running in background such as anti virus firewall etc or anything talong high usage? Are his processes the same running that you are? Albo updated today and I'm sure others Will too I am applying updates for rph38 as they come out. I was thinking once things settle again and updates for mods are updated maybe things would be better. Is your hard drive a solid state drive or a regular hard drive? 

I'm crossing this out of my PC being bad, because I've just lowered all my video settings as much as I can, yet I still get 30fps, if anything I get an extra 2/3 fps. This is actually rediculous..

How does the graphics do in other games that are graphic demanding? Such as do you notice a same issue that would lead to the graphics card having hardware issues?

Edited by Azteco

Other games I play my FPS is fine, apart from ARMA 3 but you know that game is very CPU demanding.. games such as ARK, GTA 4, Mafia 2, or pretty much most games I can play with 30/40+ FPS. It's hard to believe it's a hardware issue, since it's just GTA 5.

Edited by Space23432

Have you tried just running gta v itself, then gta v with just lspdfr to see if the problem exists? Then one by one re load every script and plugin testing each one? It sucks I had to do it also. I removed a few I hardly used and noticed a difference to the better or no issue at all. When I get time I'll probe the ones I removed. I believe the ones I removed are not updated for rph38. I just thought about it do you or anyone know could visual v be causing the issue?

Edited by Azteco

On youtube find gta 5 stutter and freeze fix by glowproduction. This along with other tweaking got it back to what it was and if anything the stutter I had is gone. Not sure why but it did it. Bah doesn't make sense and no processes were running using any gpu other then gta. But try that tweak if your on windows 10.

I tried out the supposed fix, it worked for about the first 5 minutes, then when we got into a pursuit within the city with one or two backup units (1 State Patrol [Bike] and 1 Local Patrol [Police1] the issue occured again, and when using my map it is extremly laggy and stutters like crazy, making the map near impossible to place waypoints on. I've removed the large majority of my plugins for LSPDFR and GTA 5, yet it continues to lag.

EDIT: I'm going to remove all the plugins from GTA 5 and LSPDFR and then attempt to re download them to see if maybe it's because I missed some plugin updates, because I know this happened before, but never to this extent.

Edited by Space23432

Ok so let's start from beginning when was last time it had no stutter and fps loss? 0.2b? 0.3? 0.3.1? What processes are running in background while gta v is running and the usage? I'm sure you have but have you Uninstalled gta v then re installed and fresh with mods not copying anything? Do you use vidual v or radiance and if so are you using the latest for those two items?

Around 0.3, while running GTA V I have no other programmes running, so the only things running would be the NVIDIA stuff and microsoft stuff.. yes I have tried to reinstall, and I make backups of my game every few weeks so I have a clean install of GTA V. I don't use visual v, but I use a radiance mod which is up to date.

Yeah. The fix I did works however hardly noticeable stutter can occur for milliseconds and vanish. It's the updates rockstar did I believe which act goofy with the mods. I ran it vanilla straight and no stutter.

On 6/1/2016 at 6:15 AM, Space23432 said:

and when using my map it is extremly laggy and stutters like crazy, making the map near impossible to place waypoints on.

I don't have an answer for your pursuits lowering your FPS, but when your map is extremely stuttery I believe it is due to vsync not being enabled because without vsync there is no FPS cap so in the map your FPS are soaring into the 100's and then back down to lower FPS, giving it the stuttery effect. I had this problem and I turned vsync on and it fixed the stuttering in the map.