liamcole13

how to make a car for lcpdfr pls help

Guest bucky16   
Guest bucky16

Try googling it. Thats all i can say. :yes:

The majority of modelers don't make the models from scratch. They convert them from other sources. If you don't have any CAD experience it may take time for you to learn and it's not something that can be learnt in a matter of hours.

CAD isn't the right term for this. I've used actual CAD software, and it is very different from game modelling. Basically, CAD is designed to let you see what something will look like in real life to help you design (hence the name). The end goal is to build something physical, so you use real units (like inches or cm), use parameters and constraints, and make real shapes (the software handles the polys for you; there is no fixed set of polygons associated with the model). In game modelling, the model is the end goal. So, CAD involves more engineering concepts than game modelling.

Sorry, I've just finished a level 2 engineering diploma course so it slipped out lol, not quite what I meant though.

I was spending 4 hours a day using pro desktop.

Edited by Tom H

not quite what I meant though.

You probably meant to say 3D modeling software (such as Zmodeler). Zmodeler is what many modders use now to edit and convert cars for GTA IV, but as Tom said it takes a long time to learn your way around it. There are plenty of tutorials online if you're really interested in it. I believe Zmodeler even has tutorials on their site.

Edited by Iconography

Sorry, I've just finished a level 2 engineering diploma course so it slipped out lol, not quite what I meant though.

I was spending 4 hours a day using pro desktop.

Congrats on finishing the course!

I believe Zmodeler even has tutorials on their site.

Its a huge clusterfuck since he had to rollback the site or something which caused him to lose a lot of pages.

Most of the times, clicking on a zModeler forum link in google leads you to a "Resource not found" page.

The only good tutorial I've seen for zModeler is how to convert a car from SA to IV, you can use the basic's of that video (all 56 minutes of it) to help lessen the learning curve

Its a huge clusterfuck since he had to rollback the site or something which caused him to lose a lot of pages.

Most of the times, clicking on a zModeler forum link in google leads you to a "Resource not found" page.

Wasn't aware of that, I haven't seen the zmodeler site for months. My bad.