rdyer678

I'm a 35 y/o PC dummy.. I can't install mods onto LCPDFR

I have watched the videos on youtube and just cant get it.. It would be worth $20 in your paypal acct to teach me how to download mods to this game...best game i have every played,.,.

MODERATOR NOTICE

I've deleted the phone number and your location, it's not the best Idea to share info like that on the internet. -JAM

Edited by JAM-Justin35

All the help here is free, there is no need to pay some one to get mods running, just be patient , and some body would be happy to help you, also, its not the best Idea to add your phone number and location on the internet, pretty dangerous, I've deleted the number and your location for your safety, also, please read the stickies.

I'll try to make a detailed video for you over the week-end as I have work to do currently.

It would be worth $20 in your paypal acct to teach me how to download mods to this game...best game i have every played,.,.

There is no need for that here. This community offers free support with all your game related problems.

Edited by wmai20

the title of your topic actually made me feel bad :sad: , eveyone is pretty good about lending a helping hand to fellow modder's, welcome to the forum's!

First: Get SparkIV (the latest version)

2nd: find some car's you want

3rd:run SparkIV as administrator

4: Click "Open" program filesx86/rockstargames/Grand Theft Auto IV/pc/models/CDImages/vehicles.img.

once open click import then import the model you downloaded (you can rename the model to whatever police vehicle you want)

scroll down once imported and the model you imported is highlighted in blue, if you want to check out the textures, click the edit button in the upper right corner on the wtd. file, a page will open and that's all the textures, police sign 1,2,3 & 4 are the textures that are on the car, if you want some tips on how to install textures just ask.

click rebuild and save and close the program (if you imported any textures) otherwise just hit the "X" then rebuile and save and your done, also, if your interested there are options for ELS (Emergency Light System) or non-ELS (uses the games default light's).

EDIT: omg, so sorry for the triple post, no idea what happened :(

MODERATOR NOTICE

I fixed it for you. -JAM

Edited by JAM-Justin35

I've done that a couple times. Let me guess: it didn't update right away when you hit "post", so you tried again?