Sign in to follow this  
RandomNoises

What should I upgrade?

Hello

I'm interested in upgrading my PC to run GTA V more better and wondering if people have suggestions on what I should upgrade.

I know my graphics card needs to be updated, but I don't know what card is the best to get. (Something affordable)

I'm talking to guy that does upgrading PCs and he said the graphics card and power supply for sure, I'm wondering if that improve the game.

Thank you

PC SPECS:

Acer Aspire Windows 7 64Bit

Intel core i7 3770

AMD Radeon HD 7470 2GB

8 GB of memory

2TB hard drive

8 minutes ago, RandomNoises said:

Hello

I'm interested in upgrading my PC to run GTA V more better and wondering if people have suggestions on what I should upgrade.

I know my graphics card needs to be updated, but I don't know what card is the best to get. (Something affordable)

I'm talking to guy that does upgrading PCs and he said the graphics card and power supply for sure, I'm wondering if that improve the game.

Thank you

PC SPECS:

Acer Aspire Windows 7 64Bit

Intel core i7 3770

AMD Radeon HD 7470 2GB

8 GB of memory

2TB hard drive

yes he is right the gpu and cpu are 2 of the most important things to upgrade to make your games run alot better in everyway ...if i was you i would look into getting the gtx970 its the best bang for your buck right now 

8 minutes ago, SoUThPHiLLY20 said:

yes he is right the gpu and cpu are 2 of the most important things to upgrade to make your games run alot better in everyway ...if i was you i would look into getting the gtx970 its the best bang for your buck right now 

What is the price range of that card?

around 300 usd might find it cheaper if you look around but if you read the test on that card compared to the gtx 960 and 980 ...its its leaps ahead of the 960 and almost as good as the 980

Hopopop, I stop you right there, sir. Your computer is a laptop. Therefore it is either impossible or extremely expensive to upgrade, due to the lack of space available. You'd be better off buying a new computer altogether.

Yes as Hystery says, you're not going to fix much inside of an Acer Aspire, you would struggle finding space for a GT705 nevermind the GTX970. The Graphics Card suggested above, the GTX970 is absolutely massive, I'll post the size here, but it wouldn't fit in a medium size computer case, nevermind a Laptop. The Size for that Graphics Card is this though: 129 (W) x 43 (H) x 310 (L) mm.

With a Laptop, you are going to encounter problem after problem. If you are someone who is wanting to get into Gaming on PC's then I suggest you save up, plan and purchase and build you own one. If you buy a prebuilt one, like me you are going to eventually replace everything soon anyway, meaning you've wasted money.

Why even have signatures-....

15 hours ago, Hystery said:

Hopopop, I stop you right there, sir. Your computer is a laptop. Therefore it is either impossible or extremely expensive to upgrade, due to the lack of space available. You'd be better off buying a new computer altogether.

It's not a laptop. Its a PC. 

5 minutes ago, RandomNoises said:

It's not a laptop. Its a PC. 

Then you should fix your specs, because an Acer Aspire is definitely a laptop.

5 hours ago, RandomNoises said:

Nope it's a full tower, not a laptop.

i just thought u got your specs mixed up lol because every1 knows thats its almost impossible to upgrade a laptop gpu ...but i have been looking around for an upgrade for my gtx 960 and im going with a 980ti superclocked edition honestly i think its the best gpu out there unless u got money to just throw away on a titan x lol..

UPDATE:

I went into the computer store and got quoted $400.00 for both graphics card and power supply.

He recommend GeForce GTX 950 with the power supply updated.  

What do you think? Is it worth it? playing on medium settings?   

11 minutes ago, RandomNoises said:

UPDATE:

I went into the computer store and got quoted $400.00 for both graphics card and power supply.

He recommend GeForce GTX 950 with the power supply updated.  

What do you think? Is it worth it? playing on medium settings?   

thats is way too high for that .. you can get a gtx950 for 150 on amazon right now and a 400w power supply for 30 bucks... if i was you u need to take your time and shop around just dont go and buy the first thing u see ...for 400 u can get the gtx 970 and a 600w power supply on the same site

Edited by SoUThPHiLLY20

17 minutes ago, SoUThPHiLLY20 said:

thats is way too high for that .. you can get a gtx950 for 150 on amazon right now and a 400w power supply for 30 bucks... if i was you u need to take your time and shop around just dont go and buy the first thing u see ...for 400 u can get the gtx 970 and a 600w power supply on the same site

Oh really?? Yeah I said I will think about it, i'm glad I did.

They also said when you buy through us, the labor to install it would be reduced to $50 from $90.

Thanks for the help, I will definitely watch what i do and shop around.

11 minutes ago, RandomNoises said:

Oh really?? Yeah I said I will think about it, i'm glad I did.

They also said when you buy through us, the labor to install it would be reduced to $50 from $90.

Thanks for the help, I will definitely watch what i do and shop around.

yup no problem ..glad i could help , amazon is one of the cheapest places to buy hardware and their support is really good in case you need it ...but you will be happy you didnt buy that and save lots of money by taking your time and looking around 

25 minutes ago, SoUThPHiLLY20 said:

yup no problem ..glad i could help , amazon is one of the cheapest places to buy hardware and their support is really good in case you need it ...but you will be happy you didnt buy that and save lots of money by taking your time and looking around 

Yes I find it cheaper but I would not know how to install both. I opened up my PC and I could do the graphics card but the power supply, I'd be lost where to take it out.

4 minutes ago, RandomNoises said:

Yes I find it cheaper but I would not know how to install both. I opened up my PC and I could do the graphics card but the power supply, I'd be lost where to take it out.

have you looked on youtube on how to upgrade your power supply?? hopefully there is a tutorial on how to do it 

4 minutes ago, SoUThPHiLLY20 said:

have you looked on youtube on how to upgrade your power supply?? hopefully there is a tutorial on how to do it 

Yeah.

EVGA GeForce GTX 950 2GB GAMING, Silent Cooling Graphics Card 02G-P4-2951-KR (149.00)

EVGA 400 N1, 400W Continuous Power (19.99)

I found. 

i meant to see how to install your power supply lol .. but yeah thats the prices i found as well thats why i had to say something i was like 400 buck for that what :woot: some1 is tryin to make a profit lol