seve

Response vehicles

Hi, i like to ask about the order the response vehicles comes in. Right now when im asking for backup or when i see police cars ingame, it will be police and police3 and not police and police2 and then police3 etc. Also, at police stations i see police and police3....

How come they dont come in the right numerical order? It makes no sense in my mind.

Can i change this? i like to see Police2 more in traffic and as response when i use backup key(B key).

You're free to edit the backup.xml to suit your needs - Please use the seach button for information on how to modify the backup.xml file.

The model names are just names, they could've been named Robert and Sophia for all the game cares, but that wouldn't make much sense. 

3 minutes ago, seve said:

But that would only change the backup vehicles right?

Yes, you said you wanted it more in backup. If you want it more in traffic, you'll need to edit other internal game files (I think this is in the file "popcycle" in your game files). 

LSPDFR has all it's backup spawning settings in the backup.xml file in the LSPDFR folder. But as ineseri said, that only changes things that LSPDFR does itself, and not things the game does by default.

To do that: update.rpf/common/data/ai/vehiclemodelsets.meta and update.rpf/x64/levels/gta5/popgroups.ymt (this one is still encrypted on the PC, so you'll have to track down a mod like Back on the Beat or bigger ones like Realism Dispatch Enhanced for an unlocked file to use).

Look through those files, find police, police2, or police3 and make sure the others all have entries as well in each case (same with the two Sheriff vehicles). If you want copcars to spawn more in traffic, you'll need another file: update.rpf/common/data/levels/gta5/popcycle.dat. In this one, you'd have to take the police groups defined in popgroups, and add new vehicle sets to each and every time frame line in each and every zone entry. That will be a lot of work, so really I suggest tracking down Back on the Beat if you waren't up for the task of adding RDE to your game.

Edited by The Loot